Chapter 39

Alex's P.O.V

*_Two Days Eariler_*

(Her Outfit ^^) I sat in a rocking chair in the nursery room, where I was writing a letter

(Her Outfit ^^) I sat in a rocking chair in the nursery room, where I was writing a letter. Klaus entered the room and leaned against the doorway. "Writing a love letter to one of your many love letters? So, who's the lucky recipient, then?" He smiled. "Damon? Or Stefan? Maybe Jackson?" I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't tell me it's me?" We both laughed. "I thought I was out of the running ages ago!" Klaus said and I smiled.

"And the award for "Biggest Ego" goes to..." I said and gestured toward Klaus, who continued to laugh. Suddenly, the babies started to kick at the same time. "Oh!"

Klaus walked towards me, looking concerned. "How is our littlest wolves?" Klaus asked me and I looked up at him.

"Do you want to...?" I asked and rubbed my baby bump expectantly. Klaus stepped back, looking nervous, but I gave him a look. "Come on!" I gestured again to my belly. Klaus kneeled down in front of me and reached out, then touched my abdomen. He was startled when he felt the babies kick again.

"You feel that?" I laughed. We both laugh in amazement, but after a moment, Klaus suddenly felt awkward and stood up.

"Right! I'll leave you to your secret letter, then!" Klaus said and kissed my forehead before rushing off. I smiled and thought about Klaus and the babies.

*_Present_*

(A/N: The Alex's voice over will be Bold and Italic.)

Dear Allison and Elliot...or Emily and Ryan...or Lily and Stefan. To my little girl and boy. Your dad just asked if this was a love letter. I guess it kind of is.

I was in the middle of labor number one. I screamed at Genevieve and Monique as they stood around me. Why did we have to have twins?! "AHHHH! Let go of me, you fucking bitch!" I screamed them.

So, I thought I'd write to you guys, so you two can know how happy I am at this very moment. How much your father and I can't wait to meet you both...

Klaus limped into the church and found the witches with me, I was shocked and relieved to see him. Klaus lunged toward one of the witch guards and ripped his head off. A witch and Monique link hands and telekinetically pin Klaus to the wall.

And, I want to make you both a promise of three things that you will have that I never did: a safe home, someone to tell you both that they love you every single day, and someone to fight for you guys, no matter what.

Klaus fought against the spell pinning him to the wall, but he couldn't get free. Monique and the witch anchor the spell, them go back to helping me...hopefully with the pain. "AHHH!" Both Klaus and I screamed.

In other words, a family. So, there you go, my beautiful little angels. The rest, we're going to have to figure out together. I love you both. Your mom.

Klaus and I watch fearfully as Genevieve grabbed the ceremonial athame that was used for the Harvest. I continued to scream in agony and terror as Genevieve turned to address both Klaus and I.

"You should know this brings me no joy. I promise I'll make it quick." Genevieve said to us. One of the witches covered my lower half with a sheet. 

"Let's begin, shall we?"

~

I was still in labor, and the witches, led by Genevieve, assist me in my first birth. Despite me screaming in agony. "I will bring hell to your family!" Klaus shouted at them.

"One last push! Push! The baby number one's almost here!" Genevieve said.

"I will bathe in rivers of your blood!" Klaus shouted and I kept screaming.

"No! No!" I said.

"I can see the baby!"

"Push! Gently! Gently!" Genevieve said.

"It's a boy!" Monique said and I felt the second baby ready to come out. "He's perfect." She said to us. I screamed again as I hear my son cry. One of the witches cut the umbilical cord then put him in a basket, after wrapping him in cloth.

"No, no! I can't do this again." I said and one of the witches took my hand.

"Yes, you can. Your strong! Your a Salvatore." The witch said and I looked at Genevieve, then she nodded.

"On three." She said and I leaned my head back. "One...two...three..." I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"You will die screaming!" Klaus screamed.

"One more push, Alex. She's almost here." Monique said and I pushed. I fell backwards, exhausted, just as she was born. I heard both their cries and sat up a little.

"There!" Both Klaus and I stop screaming once we saw our babies. One of the witches helped cut the umbilical cord that was connected to my daughter, and Genevieve wrapped her in a blanket. "You have two beautiful babies." She said and we stared in shock. "We must start the sacrifice as soon as the moon sets with the morning sky -"

"- Please. Please, can I hold them?" I asked Genevieve quietly.

She looked at me before bringing my babies over, so I could hold them. I was amazed by the sight of my son and my daughter in my arms. I looked up at Klaus and managed a small smile, before kissing both of their foreheads. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hair and slide something across my throat.

"NOOOOOO!" Klaus screamed. I fell backwards into nothing, but blackness.