Chapter 3

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

Hayley was holding a welding iron to protect me, since I said I heard someone walking towards the house. I watched as the door opened and Rebekah walked in. Hayley and I came down the stairs to greet her.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked and I tried to make her lower the wielding iron, but she didn't move the iron from the position it was in.

"Oh, you must be the maid. My bags are in the car - get them, will you?" Rebekah asked and I smiled wryly at Rebekah as Hayley put down the iron poker, finally.

"Rebekah, she's not the maid." I said to her as I walked down the stairs with Hayley.

"Right. You're that werewolf girl that's friends with Alex." Rebekah looked at me. "I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet." Rebekah said as she looked at me.

"You have your brother's manners." Hayley said to her.

"And his temper, too, so watch it. Where's Elijah?" Rebekah asked us.

"No, idea. He's long gone." I answered her and she looked at me confused.

"What do you mean, "long gone"?"

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch, begin angry, and my boyfriend got me into - he was all poetic about how we're family - and then Klaus told me he bailed." I explained to her.

"Elijah doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus - like. Klaus!" I took a few moments to regain my hearing. "Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, backstabbing wanker!" Rebekah yelled as I followed Rebekah a little, to see Klaus open a pair of doors that lead to the room he was in.

"Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" Klaus asked him.

"They were very rude." Rebekah said. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends."

"I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you." Klaus said to her and I rolled my eyes before walking back to the stairs to Hayley. I don't need to hear this story again.

~

I heard the door shut and walked back down the stairs again. Rebekah turned around and saw me on the stairs. Well, that means Klaus left. "You, Alex. I'm going to search this house inch by inch until I find what my evil brother has done to my good one. You're helping." Rebekah said and I knew better than to fight her.