Chapter 10

Alex's P.O.V

I woke up in the trunk of an SUV with my wrists bound as someone drove down the roads of Louisiana... I hope. I tried to kick out the back window to escape, but the driver stopped the car and got out to check the trunk. When the door was opened, they tried to grab me, but I fought back by kicking the person. I looked to see the person was Tyler.

"Seriously?" He asked me annoyed.

"Tyler?" I asked confused.

"You don't wanna fight me, Alex. You know you can't beat an angry hybrid." Tyler said and used the zip-ties to bind my ankles, so I couldn't make my great escape.

"Ahh! Let me go, you backstabbing baby half-breed piece of shi -" I screamed at him.

"Shut up!" Tyler yelled at me and pulled me out of the trunk. He threw me over his shoulder and I kicked and screamed. He was walking down the road, angry, and dragging me with him. All I wanted to do was go upstairs, watch Friends, and sleep. Is that too much to ask?

~

Tyler had brought me to some encampments in the Bayou, and dropped me on the front steps of a little shack. "What is this place?" I asked him as I looked around.

"The armpit of Louisiana." He said and pulled a knife out of his pocket.

"What are you gonna do with that?" I asked him worried. Look, I know that I could probably take him down in a heartbeat if I wanted too, but then I'd be risking the life of my children and I'm not doing that. Plus, I'm turning human and he is capable of anything right now.

"Depends on you." Tyler said and cuts the zip-ties on my ankles.

"Hey, you attacked me, remember? You ambushed me, in my own fucking backyard." I snapped at him.

"It's not your backyard, it's Klaus'! You're shacked up in that mansion with that psycho. A long way from the girl I've met in Mystic Falls, helping her brothers and her friends." Tyler said to me.

"Ty, I'm sorry, but a lot has happened since the last time I saw you."

"You mean that you're pregnant?" I froze, other than the obvious belly bump I have, how did he know and my brothers didn't? "Two hybrid babies, yeah, I know all about it. I've been roaming around the Bayou, asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned!" He pulled down my sweater-sleeve, so we can see the birthmark on my shoulder.

"This crescent birthmark means you and Hayley come from a big-shot family. Some kind of royalty for the werewolves of this region. And right here -" He gestured around him. "- this is all that's left of them." Tyler explained to me. I looked around again, and saw more shacks and tents made out of blankets. I spotted a blonde girl standing nearby, watching us.

"Hey!" I startled the woman and she immediately ran away. "Help me!" I yelled at her.

"They can't help you! They're in the woods, hiding, because they were persecuted for decades by vampires." Tyler explained, not worried about the person who saw us. Another man appeared next to Tyler and I looked between them.

"Is that her?" He asked and Tyler sighed at him.

"Yeah, Dwayne. Get her inside." Tyler said and Dwayne grabbed my arms. He started to walk towards me and I looked at Tyler, scared, as this guy began to drag me inside the shack.

"Ty? Tyler!"

~

I was alone in a shack, zip-tied to the fire stove, when Tyler walked in and joined me. "Tyler, there's been a wolf watching me lately. Protecting me, like it instinctively knows that I'm part of it's pack." I paused for a moment and saw him look at me from the corner of his eye. "You're a hybrid, like Klaus and I, you can turn into a wolf whenever you want... Was it you?" I asked him. He just turned and looked at me confused.