Chapter 38

Alex's P.O.V 

Genevieve continued to cast the moonlight ring spell in the Mikaelson compound, while Klaus, Elijah, and I watched carefully. Genevieve held out her hands out and chanted. "Tua virtuse. Materi lunare tua virtuse. Materi lunare tua virtuse."

Francesca rushed in. "My people say Marcel is on the move, and he's bringing friends." She said to us and I placed my hand on Klaus', scared. Klaus turned to Elijah before rushing away. 

"Get Alex to safety and on your life, protect her." Klaus said to him and Elijah started to walk over to me.

"Come with me." Elijah said.

"No. Some needs to watch her." I said and gestured to Genevieve. Elijah stopped walking to look at Genevieve.

"You should help Klaus. My brothers and their security detail won't be much against a vampire army. I'll stay with Alex." Francesca said to Elijah and I nodded at him.

"Go, Elijah." I walked over to him and looked him in the eye. "And tell the father of my children to show no mercy." I said and he laughed, agreeing to this plan, then left to help Klaus.

~

One of the security guards made his way into the room where Genevieve is casting the spell, in order to get Francesca out of there. I looked at her before looking back at Genevieve. "Not yet." Francesca said holding up her hand.

"Ms. Correa, we need to go. Your brothers are already headed out the back." The man said and I watched Genevieve carefully.

"Materi lunare tua virtuse. Materi lunare tua virtuse." Genevieve said and my phone buzzed.

It's Cami. I ignored it so I could keep watching Genevieve. "Materi lunare tua virtuse. Materi lunare tua virtuse." She stopped chanting and picked up a stone to examine it.

"The stones are finished. I've done my part. Now, it's up to you." She said impressed. I walked up to her to grab the stones.

"I'll get them to the Bayou." I said. Francesca, who I haven't trusted since I met her, rushed over to Genevieve and held out her hand.

"Actually, she was talking to me." Francesca said.

"What the hell is this?" I asked them. Genevieve, looked guilty, placed the stone in Francesca's hand.

"Call it a side deal. The point is, I'm taking the stones." She said and started to walk away, so I followed her.

"Are you out of your mind? You think the humans can go up against Klaus?" I asked her.

"No, I don't. But, I'm not human." She pulled out a knife, and used it to slit the throat of her bodyguard. When the bodyguard died, she doubled over in pain. She looked back up at me with gold eyes and fangs, revealing that she had just triggered her werewolf curse. "I'm like you, Alex. And now, I'm gonna take back my town!" Francesca stated.

"Like hell you are!" And that's was the last thing I remember saying before the world went black.

~

I woke up to begin dragged into the church. I struggled against them, but I couldn't get free. Monique and another witch looked like they were waiting for us in the pews. I screamed in fright in hopes that Klaus, Elijah, hell even my brothers in Mystic Falls, would hear me.

"Get her down on the floor!" Genevieve yelled at them.

"We should take her to the City of the Dead." Monique said to her.

"We won't make it, the babies are coming now." She said and I keep fighting them, terrified for myself and my children.

"No! It's too soon! Ahhhhhh!" I screamed.

"Apparently not." Genevieve said to me and went to check on me, but Monique grabbed her by the arm.

"The plan was to induce her when the sacrifice was ready!" Monique said to her.

"I had to subdue her, and the trauma caused a placental abruption. So, the babies are coming, and we'll just have to adapt." Genevieve said.

I kept fighting against them. "AHHH! LET ME GO!" I screamed at them.

"You need to be calm, Alex." Genevieve said and I screamed in pain.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked her scared.

"To be reborn, you must sacrifice." Monique said.

I pushed Monique's hand away. "What does that mean, you psychotic little BITCH?" I screamed at her.

"The ancestors demand an offering in exchange for power." Genevieve said and I looked at her. 

"Your children will be a fine offering." Monique said and I shook my head.

"No! NO! You will not take my babies, I will kill ALL OF YOU!" I screamed as I struggled against them.

"No, you won't! And neither will Klaus, or Elijah! When your babies are born, we will offer them up to those who came before us." Monique said and I kept screaming. Labor fucking hurts! I cried and shook my head, as I continued to struggle against the witches' restraints.

"I'm sorry, Alex, but this is the way it had to be." I shook my head at Genevieve.

"No! NO! NO! AAH! AAH!"