Chapter 27

Alex's P.O.V

Cami was getting some blood bags and I turned to Klaus. "Klaus, I have a plan, but you need to listen to me." I said and he look at me confused.

"What is it love?" Klaus asked.

"You said the witch that trapped you, had a thing for you right?" I asked him and he nodded. "Use that to your advantage."

"I don't think you know what you asking me, love." I know exactly what I'm asking. You know where it's going to lead, as well as I.

"Yes, yes I do." I said, not really wanting to do this. "Get the information you need." Klaus opened his mouth, but I stopped him. "Don't. If it means you sleep with her, I don't give a shit. But the thing you need to listen to is that we have to make it believable. That's the only way she'll tell you anything."

"Alex, I'm not going to lose you."

"And you won't." I reassured him. "But when it happens know that it's all fake. All the tears are fake. Every word I say, I don't mean. If they think they have this hold on us - Klaus....We'll be ok." I explained.

"I won't do this." Klaus said and I sighed. I brought him into a kiss. He held me close to him and I slowly pulled away.

"Klaus please," I said and looked at the door quickly before looking at him. "Trust me." I said.

"I love you, Alex."

"I love you too, Klaus. That's why I need you to trust me and know everything I say that day is one big giant lie." I said and he nodded. Cami came back and I stood up. "I need to go check in on Hayley and the wolves. Try to keep him here and call me if you need anything." I turned to Klaus and kissed him one more time. "I love you." I said and left.

~

Hayley and Eve filled me in on everything when I got there. Elijah and Celeste return to the Bayou where Hayley and I were waiting for them sitting on a log. We were alone, with the exception of Jackson, who had stayed behind, though still in his wolf-form.

"You came back." I said and he smiled at me.

"I'll always come back." Elijah handed me the herbs. "Take it. It will work." He said and I took the herbs from him.

"Eve and I will round up as many of our people as we can. Come full moon, we can finally free our family." Hayley says and hugs Elijah. He kissed her gently on the head. I nodded at him. I wanted to tell him what Klaus and I were planning. But I knew I couldn't.

"Hayley and Alex, I wonder if they have any idea how lucky they are to have you two." Elijah said to us. Hayley and I smiled and walked back to the encampments with Jackson, leaving Elijah and Celeste alone again.

~

Tonight was the full moon. Yesterday, we got the cure and Hayley and I stayed here. Eve was showing Hayley how to get back to the place where we would cure the pack. I was sitting in front of the bomb fire enjoying it. I heard someone walk up to me and turned around to see Rebekah.

"Rebekah, what are you doing here?" I asked her and I walked up to her.

"I came to say goodbye." Rebekah said to me.

"What happened to us girls sticking together?" I asked.

"Well, Nik and I came to a sort of all-or-nothing arrangement. I leave town for good, and he allows me to. Can't pass that up." Rebekah said and I laughed sadly.

"A thousand years with Klaus? I guess you deserve a few vacation days." I said and she smiled.

"Listen. About Nik, he is a monster. Do not ever cross him. But, he does want more from life than to just be feared. He's too broken to find it himself, but I do believe there is hope for him in the babies that you carry and the love that you have for him...he has for you. And speaking of your children - our family has no shortage of enemies and I'm sure your family has some as well. They will inherit all of them. Please, be careful." Rebekah explained and I nodded.

"You know, you can always come back and visit. I've been known to keep a secret or two from Klaus." I said to her and she laughed a little.

"Well, if I can't, you make sure to tell that little girl and boy stories of their crazy Auntie Bex. And let them know, despite my absence, I do love them very much." Rebekah said and I nodded. Rebekah then walked away and I watched till she out of sight. 

See you soon, sister.