Chapter 14

Alex's P.O.V

I was standing in front of a mirror, trying to fasten the zipper on the vintage wedding dress Rebekah found for me. I rubbed my hand over my belly as I smiled down at it. I saw Klaus appear at the door behind me through the mirror.

"Would you like some help?" He asked and I smiled.

"You might need to use all your hybrid strength." I said and Klaus walked up to.

"Allow me." Klaus said and stood behind me. He began to fasten my zipper and the buttons as well.

"Thanks. Not too many pregnant Casket Girls, I guess." I said to him. He looked at me through the mirror and I smiled.

"I think you look lovely. Only I would..." Klaus touched the birthmark on my shoulder, and I covered it with my hand.

"I know, keep the freaky werewolf birthmark covered." I said. "You sound like Elijah."

"Well, then it must be the end of the world." I smirked at him. "And I don't suspect anyone here would dare lay a hand on you, knowing you're under me and my family's protection. Still, you shouldn't take any chances." Klaus explained and I looked at myself in the mirror.

"All knocked up and nowhere to go."

"You know... if you wanted the attend the festivities tonight, I would be more than willing to take you." Klaus said, hoping I would agree with him.

I looked at him, knowing he wanted to spend some time with me without having to deal with witches, vampires, or werewolves. It has been a while since we went out and looked around the city, but I decided against it.

"Hmm, let's see... you and Elijah are barely on speaking terms." I turned to him and he seemed mildly disappointed that I turned him down. "Are you just trying to avoid an awkward conversation with your older brother?" I asked him, in a mocking tone, and he smriked.

"Now why would you think that, love?" Klaus asked me, changing the mood and managing to make me laugh at the same time.

"Well, I have experience with avoiding older siblings."

"Why am I not surprised?" He asked me while letting out a small laugh and I hit his chest playfully. We smiled at each other and I broke it, when I turned back to the mirror. He turned to leave, but I stopped him before he could reach the door.

"Klaus, do you mind?" I asked and gestured at the dress' zipper. Klaus smiled and walked over to me. He undid the buttons and zipper for me, before he took off and left me to change out of the dress.

~

(Her Outfit ^^) I changed clothes and walked downstairs to the courtyard

(Her Outfit ^^) I changed clothes and walked downstairs to the courtyard. I was standing with Rebekah as I talked to her. "So Davina's missing, huh?" I asked her.

"Walked right out of the front door, apparently. Know anything about it?" Rebekah asked me and I shook my head.

"No, although I did tell her that the witch Elders were dead. I thought she deserved to know that she was safe and all."

"Well, why would she care, when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" Rebekah asked me.

"I think it was more of the fact that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated." I explained to her.

"So you are the reason she's run off."

"Hey, don't turn this on me, I was just telling her the truth. She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches." I said and Hayley walked up to us. I smiled and hugged her, then turned back to Rebekah.

"Yeah well, I've never been a fan of the boys club. Just wait, Elijah will join them and the three of them will be unstoppable." Rebekah said to us. The three of us watched Marcel and Klaus on the balcony as they mutter quietly to each other. "Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus. Just like a modern-day Casket Girl."

"Are you talking about Davina or yourself?" I asked her and Rebekah looked at us.

"Does it matter? Either way, us girls have got to stick together."

~

I turned to look at Hayley who was talking to someone on the phone. "Hayley what is it?" I asked her.

"Sophie. She wants to know about someone. I read about them in Elijah's journal." She said.

"Why would she want to know that?" I asked her.

"Because apparently this witch was really powerful and if Sophie can get her magic, then she can complete the harvest." Hayley explained and I sighed.

"No." Davina's not dying.

"What?" Hayley asked.

"No, don't go behind Elijah back. Tell me the name of the witch and I may reconsider." I said to her and she sighed before looking down.

"Celeste." Hayley said shyly and I grabbed both of her shoulders, so she would look at me.

"Hayley please don't do this. Elijah loved that girl and if Sophie's asking where's she's buried then Elijah probably made a promise to never tell anyone where he buried her." I explained and Hayley looked at me. "If you make Elijah break his promise to anyone, he'll never forgive you. Trust me on this, Hayley. Don't tell Sophie where Celeste is ok?"

"Ok, I won't Alex." Hayley said and I nodded, before I let her leave the compound. Well, I dodged a bullet there.

~

Hayley hadn't come back yet with my clothes that I asked her to get from the plantation house hours ago. I walked into the compound parlor room to find Elijah still poring over Davina's sketches.

We found Davina by the way, but in order to get her back here Klaus had to put the boy she cared about in danger. Klaus ended up killing the poor boy and Rebekah, and I, made a deal with her. I didn't like how he got Davina back here, plus I still had to get even about the whole wolf-hunt thing.

Elijah started sorting the various sketches out and began arranging them in a pattern on the coffee table. "You okay?" I asked him and he smiled at me.

"I'm better now. How was your day?" Elijah asked and I sighed.

"Too calm for my liking. What's with the artwork?"

"Davina's sketches. I wonder if they represent some kind of premonition. They seem to suggest something is coming. Something sinister." Elijah finally finished arranging the sketches, revealing that they are one big sketch of a woman's face. Elijah looked like he recognized it.

"Elijah who is that?" I asked him.

"Celeste." Elijah answered me. That was who Hayley was talking about. I walked out of the room with my phone to my ear.

"Come on, Hayley. Pick up. Pick up." I said...but she never did.