Chapter 20

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

Klaus and I entered the room with Thierry. Yeah, Klaus decided to let him go. I don't know why, exactly, and I don't feel like asking. He placed a hand on Thierry's shoulder and made an announcement.

"Dearest brethren, your attention, please. No doubt, you're all surprised to see Thierry Vanchure, who's supposed to be rotting in the Garden for the crime of killing one of our own, and I personally decided to issue him with a pardon. I hope you'll all welcome home Thierry." Klaus said and I watched as Thierry smiled at Diego.

"Welcome home, man." Diego said and gave him a hug. They laughed as I wrapped my arm around Klaus's arm. I rested my head on Klaus's arm and saw Marcel quickly look at us. He was drinking away his pain and he had the right to.

"You're in a good mood. You should visit Mystic Falls more often." Marcel said to us and I smiled before pulling away from Klaus.

"Well, as much as I like to, and as much as I need too. Klaus have pressing responsibilities here." I said. I thought about how in two days I would probably get a call from Caroline or Matt saying how my brothers are screwing up everything. Klaus turned to address the crowd of vampires.

"Now, as you all know, the witch Davina is no longer with us. Without Davina, we can no longer monitor the activity of our witch neighbors. However, since their Harvest failed, their magic will soon be gone forever. Until then, I say we keep them on their toes. Diego, I wonder if you might lead a rousting in the cauldron." Klaus said and Diego smiled at him. He started to plan with the other vampires. Marcel grabbed his bottle and went to storm away, but Klaus stopped him in the doorway.

"Marcel, I'd hoped you would join Diego." Klaus said and I looked at Marcel. I gave a look saying that he didn't have too. He then looked back at Klaus and shook his head.

"Nah. I'm gonna take a personal day." Marcel said and I nodded. I walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"Take your time." I whispered and he pulled away, then left. I turned back to see Klaus scowling, visibly annoyed at his attitude. I sighed and took his hand. "He needs time, Klaus."

"How much time, is enough time?" Klaus asked and I sighed.

"Well, Davina was practically his daughter. He protect her with his life. He misses her." Klaus didn't seem to process what I was saying. "Ok. Looked at it this way. Imagine Damon, you and I were fighting Katherine, and we were together." Klaus nodded. "If she killed me and I died in your arms....How long would it take you to get over me?" I asked him and he sighed, finally getting to point.

"He needs time." Klaus said and I nodded. I gave him a quick kiss, then walked upstairs.

I found Marcel in the living room and he was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. He looked at me and I smiled. "You know I would join you in your drinking game, but this..." I point to my baby bump. "Prevents me from doing so." I said and he laughed.

"Will it go away?" Marcel asked and I smiled sadly, then nodded, as I sat next to him.

"Yes, with time. But until then take a sick day. I'll talk to your boss, a.k.a the father of my children." I explained and he laughed. He took another swig of his drink as we told stories back in froth. Mine were about my brothers, his were about Davina. And I think it help him not cry over her for a little while.

~

It's been a few hours and I was talking about the time Stefan met Bon Jovi. God, it was hilarious just to think about. "Wait how drunk was he?" Marcel asked and I stopped laughing long enough to answer him.

"I don't know, but by the end Lexi and I had to convinced Stefan that he was superman in order to get him to leave." I explained and we laughed a little more.

"Your brothers sound like fun." Marcel said and I nodded.

"They are....when they aren't running from something that wants to kill them." I said, mumbling that last part.

"Well, we can go back anytime you like, love." Klaus said and I turned around to him. Klaus entered the room and smiled at us. I looked back at Marcel to see his smile had faded and I sighed. Well, I'm back at square one. I turned back to Klaus and smiled.

"In that case...we are going back at Christmas." I said to him. Klaus looked at Marcel and seemed annoyed.

"Ugh, is this what it as come to? I bear the full weight of our kingdom while you pout like a child." Klaus said and I almost facepalmed myself.

"You wanted to be king. Besides, you look like you got it covered. I'm just here talking to your baby mama, who may I said, is the only one who seems to care about me and my feelings." Marcel said and I looked at him.

"Don't bring me into this!" I said and got up. I walked away from both of them, but stay in the room.

"If the men see you shirk your duties and laughing with my girlfriend," Alert! Alert! Jealous Klaus approaching! Alert! Jealous Klaus approaching! "They're likely to do the same." Klaus said to him.

"I told you, I am not in the mood for vampire hijinks." Marcel said.

"No. You'd rather sit wallowing in sorrow for your lost little friend." Ok, now you've done it Klaus. Also did anything I say to you an hour ago, just go over your head. Marcel stood up and pointed his finger at Klaus.

"Don't push me right now." Marcel said. You should probably listen to him...

"I am sorry Davina is gone, okay? I'm sorry. But this mournful attitude is unworthy of you, and it's boring to me." Klaus said. Who gives an actually shit on if it's boring to you! Marcel needs time to heal for god sake! Diego entered the room to join us, before I could interfer might I add, but he looked worried.

"Hey, guys, we got a problem." He said and I smiled sarcastically. Great to be home.

~

Klaus and Marcel went to go see what Diego was fussing about. Klaus came back without Marcel and now Klaus, Elijah, Diego, and many of the other vampires were congregating in the courtyard, discussing their current situation.

"Ah! Someone will die for this." Klaus said and from what happened I agree.

"Remarkably, I don't disagree. However, I would like to know where they learned such dark magic." Well, if Elijah agrees...then all's well, ends well.

"I had hoped never to see that symbol again. I recall it is the signature of a fool who once stood against us." Klaus said and I looked at him. Oh, they knew I was here. I just didn't feel like saying anything, so I didn't.

"Clearly, some upstart witch is salvaging old tricks." Elijah said.

"I'll do for him as I did the other." He turned to Diego. "Diego, when night falls, I want you to gather every vampire in the Quarter. Get me the head of whoever did this and put it on a stick." Klaus said and I rolled my eyes.

"So poetic." I said and Diego hesitated.

"Yeah. That's gonna be a problem. Everyone is freaked out, man. We haven't had witches killing vampires in a long time. Marcel made sure of that." Diego said and Klaus sighed.

"Marcel has run off like a scared child." Thanks Marcel. "You lot are left with me. Now, who of you will fight to defend our home?" He looks around to see that no one come forward. "Not a single one of you will stand with me, so afraid are you of this new threat? You should know better. I'll handle this myself." Klaus said and stormed off. I stood up and walked to the stairs.

"Where are you going, Alex?" Elijah asked and I looked at him.

"Upstairs, where else?" I said and walked upstairs.