Chapter 29

Alex's P.O.V

I walked in as their discussion went on. "- Are you fucking serious? You're dividing up the city, and the werewolves don't even get a say?" I asked Elijah. Diego stood up angrily and pointed at me. I really hate this guy.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Deigo asked and I smiled at him.

"Nice to see you too." I said to him.

"Alex!" I looked at Elijah, then he looked at Diego. "Diego, sit. We are not dividing the city. We're establishing boundaries -"

"No, Elijah! That's the same damn thing! There is not gonna be a peace if the werewolves are excluded. They want a seat at the table." Diego and Genevieve both scoff and I gave them a glares. You just slept with my boyfriend, Genevieve...it's taking every bone in my body not to walk over to you and snap your neck. "And if they don't get one, I can guarantee that you will all regret it." I said to Elijah.

Everybody started to say no to the werewolves begin involve. Elijah just stared at me while I crossed my arms. You want to fight, let's fight. "SILENCE!" Elijah shouted and the room went quiet. "Leave. All of you." Everybody, except for me, looked confused and Elijah looked at me. "Alex and I need to have a little chat."

~

The leaders left and, Elijah and I stood in a awkward silence. But I wasn't leaving 'till I knew the wolves could get a say. "Do you have any idea what it took just to get those people in one room together?" Elijah asked me and I shook my head.

"No, actually, I don't! Because I didn't even know what you were doing out here until someone else told me." I said to him. "Why didn't you include them? Why didn't you tell me, Elijah?"

"I excluded them because they no longer reside in the French Quarter. My immediate concern is to end the mounting conflict here. Now, I can assure you once this treaty is solidified, it will expand to include your people." Elijah explained and I rolled my eyes.

"And until then, I should tell them what? Sit? Stay? Roll over?" I asked him sarcastically and pissed.

"I would prefer that you remove yourself from the process all together!" Elijah shouted. I glared at him, and saw Elijah realize that he was rude. His demeanor then became softer. "Alex, are you absolutely certain that you shouldn't return to the compound?" When that came out of his mouth I laughed sarcastically.

"You think the babies belong there? You think that's where they'll be safe?" I asked him.

"Is the Bayou any better?" Elijah asked me and I scoffed.

"Klaus broke my heart, Elijah. I can't go back there. So, yes, the Bayou is better than the compound." I explained and Elijah looked down sympathetically before looking back at me. "The wolves deserve a voice. Give them one. You know it's the right thing to do." I said and headed back to the Bayou.

~

I walked into my room at the compound, locking my bedroom door behind me, so I could change for the party tonight. I didn't bring any dresses with me to the bayou. I saw Klaus standing by my window. I walked in and he turned around. I seemed scared cause I thought that fight got to real.

"Klaus." He sped to me and stood in front of me.

He swoop down and kissed me. I kissed him back wrapping my arms around his neck. He picked me up with ease and walked us over to the bed without breaking the kiss. He laid me down softly and started to kiss my neck. I tugged at his hair and he pulled back.

"Did you mean anything you said this morning?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Not a damn word." I said and we went back to kissing each other. But stopped when we heard a knock on my door. I groaned and he started to kiss down my neck again.

"Alex?" It was Elijah. Shit! Klaus looked at me and I told him to be quiet.

"Yes?" I asked him and wrapped my legs around Klaus's waist, while tugging at his hair. I wanted to moan, but that would give up Klaus' cover.

"Are you coming tonight?"

"Yes I am, why?" I asked him. Where the hell are you going with this Elijah?

"I just wanted to make sure. I fear that the witches and vampires will pick a fight with the werewolves." Elijah explained.

"Ok, I'll keep an eye out." I said holding back a moan. I could feel Klaus smirking against my skin. I heard him starting to walk away and waited 'till I couldn't hear him anymore. I pushed Klaus off of me and hit his chest.

"You almost blew it!" I snapped at him. "Elijah already thinks you're the reason I won't come back and live here."

"You enjoyed it though." Klaus said and I hummed before kissing him again.

"Maybe, but we can't risk it. I also hope to god Elijah gives the werewolves a voice in the stupid peace treaty of New Orleans." I said and Klaus chuckled. I pulled away from him before getting up and walking to my closet.

"I did warn him if he didn't tell you, that you were going to find him anyway." Klaus said and I turned to him.

"Well, he knows that now." I said as I turned back to my closet, and Klaus nodded. Then I felt two arms go around me as Klaus kissed my shoulder.

"I love you. Not her." Klaus said and I smiled at him.

"I know." I pulled my dress out of my closet and turned around to him. "Tonights going to be fun." I said and Klaus kissed me one more time.

"See you downstairs, my love." Klaus said once the kiss broke, and I smiled as he left me to change.