Chapter 8

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

I walked through the living room to see Klaus and Elijah reading. My baby bump grew more visible today. But happily I could still fit into my regular clothes. Rebekah looked like she was questioning her brothers about the dead body on the table, and I walked up behind Klaus. Fruit of the Poisoned Tree.

"Are you scared about being a father?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Not at all, love." Klaus said and I looked into his eyes. I saw fear, but that was normal.

"Lair." I said to him and walked into kitchen to get some food. Not blood. Like actually food. One of the good things about being human again. I started rooting through the fridge to make myself some breakfast as soon as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning." I heard Elijah say behind me. I looked over to see him leaning against the doorway.

"Hey." I said and smiled at him. Rebekah entered the kitchen through the back door, dragging a trash can behind her. "Listen, I know that this is a weird request coming from a hybrid," Well, Hybrid/human. Klaus was the only one who knew that, though. "But I am the only one that lives in this house and drinks milk. Could it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?"

"Speaking of, add bleach." Rebekah said as she stomped through the kitchen and into the living room to clean up the mess her brothers left. Elijah dug around in a cupboard while I pulled ice cream out of the freezer. Ice cream had milk in it, and that was good enough for me.

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable to you in my absence." Elijah said to me.

"In your absence, as you like to call it - which is a way, too-polite way of saying that your little brother put a dagger in your heart again -" I looked up to see Elijah bringing a bowl, a spoon, and a bag of cereal to the counter. He took the ice cream out of my hands and place it back in the fridge. "I have been attacked by French Quarter vampires, I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced my babies are both Lucifer, and I found out I'm carrying twins." I explained to him.

Elijah smiled sympathetically as he pulled orange juice and milk out of the fridge. He poured a bowl of cereal, and then filled it with milk. When I realized that there was milk all along, I looked slightly guilty and embarrassed. Or at least that's how I felt.

"Oh... milk." I said in a beat tone. He looked up at me with a smirk and I smiled. "They've been fine. Your siblings are weirdly protective, especially Klaus, I know I have you to thank for that."

"I'm just happy to see that you're in one piece. Plus I think Klaus would protect you, even if I told him to or not." Elijah said and I laughed while nodding, slightly agreeing with that statement. He smiled at me and handed me the bowl of cereal. "So, back to the murderous witches. I have some concerns."