Chapter 37

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

Klaus is scaling the rooftops of various buildings in the French Quarter when Elijah called him from the compound. I impatiently stood next to him. Elijah put Klaus on speaker phone so I could hear Klaus' side of the conversation.

"Yes, brother, what is it?" Klaus said.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother." Elijah said to him.

"They should have been back hours ago." I said cutting in.

"We need to find them." Elijah said interrupting me.

"Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghai'd." Klaus said to Elijah.

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Elijah asked his little brother.

"It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution."

"Do enlighten us."

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose." Klaus said.

"Marcel." Elijah said while sighing,

"No, he'll kill them!" I said scared.

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit......And there it is." Klaus said and hung up.

~

I was pacing around the compound, worrying about their current problems. Genevieve has stayed behind to look after me. "Klaus or Elijah should have called by now." I said.

"Worrying isn't going to help. You should sit down, try to keep calm." Genevieve said to me. I turned to her and frowned.

"What are you, now, magician slash zen-life coach?" I asked her.

"The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you, and your babies." I sighed. "Especially now, since you're so close to term." She said.

"I hate this. I feel completely useless." I told her and sat down on the couch.

"Don't you get it? You're the point of all this. Klaus and Elijah running all over town?" She sighed. "It's all for you. I'm a bit envious." Genevieve explained to me.

"Great. Lucky me."

"Is there anything I can get you?" She asked and I smiled.

"How about a moonlight ring?" I asked her and she chuckled.