Chapter 33

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

Eve and I were in her shack, where Eve was helping me prepare for giving birth. "That's it. Inhale and release." She said.

"I guess this means no epidural, huh? You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? The place with the doctors and the drugs?" I asked her. "Not mention I have to do it twice."

"Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop worrying." Eve said.

"Okay. Then what, Eve? I don't even know what it's like to be a mother." I said to her as I sat up.

"Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do." She said to me.

"I hope so. As fun as it is to image Klaus changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing this alone." I said to her.

"Somehow I doubt that." Eve said. I looked to the door to see Elijah.

"Pardon the interruption. I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising." Elijah said and Eve helped me get up. I looked down at my phone because it was buzzing and saw it was Cami.

"Hey -"

"Help me please." Cami said and I looked worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"It's my uncle. He-He's getting worse." Cami said and I could hear how worried she was.

"Ok, ok, I'll come over." I said and hung up. I looked at Elijah and he seemed confused. "It's Cami, her uncle. He's getting worse."

"I need to talk to you." Elijah said and I shook my head.

"No, Cami needs me. Hayley!" I yelled for her. She came in and I smiled. "Here. Stay with Elijah, and talk." I walked out of the shack and felt someone grab my arm. I turned to see it was Hayley.

"Where are you going?" She asked me.

"To church."

~

I walked in to see Cami, Josh, and some doctor standing around Father Kieran as the doctor reluctantly preps him for ECT. Josh was about to tie something around his mouth and I walked up to Cami. She turned to me and smiled.

"Are you out of your freaking mind?" I asked her.

"I know it dangerous but -"

"There is no but Cami, this could kill him." I said to her and she sighed.

"Alex, I have to do something." Cami said and we walked back over to him.

"There's a special place in hell for your kind." Kieran said to Josh, who was holding him down. Josh smiled tightly and nodded.

"Not the first time I've heard that one." Josh said and put the gag in his mouth.

"Well, isn't this a gruesome little scene?" I heard Klaus ask and I turned around to him.

"Klaus, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I received an urgent call on Cami's behalf. It seems I've been tasked with doing what her coward of a boyfriend could not. Which, by the looks of things, is dissuading you from whatever madness it is you guys are about to attempt." Klaus explained and walked up to me. "Question is, what are you doing here?"

"I came because Cami. She asked me too." I said to him. Cami turned to the doctor.

"Are you ready?" She asked him and he looked terrified. If the doctor's terrified don't do it!

"Please, I'm begging you, don't force me to do this." The doctor asked and Cami sighed.

"Fine. I'll do it myself." Cami said and grabbed the ECT handles, then stood behind Kieran.

"Cami don't do this. Your uncle is a good man. He shouldn't suffer." I said to her. She needs to stop, it will kill him.

"He's been suffering for weeks. He's dying, Alex. This might be the only chance he's got." Cami said to me and placed the electrodes against Kieran's temples. It shocks him, as Josh, Klaus, the doctor, and I stand and watched uncomfortably.

"Ahh! Ahh! Ahh! Ahh!"

~

I looked at Klaus and he sighed. This won't have a happy ending. Kieran had just woken up after Cami administered ECT shocks. He looked relieved. "Cami." He quickly becomes agitated again, as I heard his heart speed up on the monitor. "What the hell did you do to me?" Kieran asked her.

"We have to do it again." Cami said as she looked at me.

"Whoa, are you serious?" Josh asked and I nodded in agreement.

"That was something coherent. It's working." Cami said and went for the electrodes. But Klaus stopped her before she could get to them.

"Doctor, see to your patient." Klaus said to him and he walked up to Kieran.

"You get away from me." Kieran said to the doctor as he checked him out.

"Heartbeat is irregular. You can't keep this up. It'll kill him." The doctor said to her.

"No." Cami said and looked at Klaus. I walked up to her and touched her arm. She looked at me and I smiled sadly.

"Cami, we need to have a talk in private." I said to her. I pulled her out of the room and down to the church. She turned to me and I sighed. "I think you need to prepare yourself. This story doesn't have a happy ending."

"But the treatments -"

"Will kill him. Were you to push him over the brink, I would hate for you to have to live with that, no matter how good your aim." I said to her and she shook her head.

"So that's it, then? You just expect me to surrender?" Cami asked and I shook my head as I grabbed her arms.

"Maybe it's time."

"I'm not giving up, Alex." Cami said and I nodded.

"I know, but it's time to let go." I said softly to her. I saw her put up her walls.

"It's not your decision to make." Cami said and walked passed me, back to her uncle.