Chapter 4

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

I woke up to see Kaus reaching into my bag, withdrawing the vial of wolfsbane I got yesterday. He opened it and lifted it to his nose to smell. "I didn't use it." I said to him and he looked up at me.

"You're awake." He said as he placed the vial back down.

"I could barely sleep all night. This house is freaking 200 degrees." I said and sat up. Klaus was staring out of the window in my room.

"What stopped you? You could have been free of all of this... of me." Klaus said to me.

"Yeah, well... when I was fighting off those vampires with Hayley, I - I realized I wasn't just protecting myself. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I've always wanted a kid since, well, I was a kid." I laughed a little. "All I know is when push came to shove... I - I realized I wouldn't let anyone hurt my baby." I explained to him and he turned around to me. He walked up and sat on the bed next to me.

"I'm beginning to think we're a lot alike, you and I. We're both castoffs who have learned to fight when we're backed into a corner." Klaus said to me.

"Well, darling, we're backed into a corner now."

"Ah, that we are. It's time to fight... little wolf." Klaus said to me and kissed the top of my head. Klaus stood back up and went to leave the room.

"This whole thing with Marcel - the deal you have with the witches, trying to take him down, take what's his - Rebekah told me that you two once loved each other like family. What happened?" I asked him and he turned back to me.

"I made Marcel everything that he is. I treated him like a son. And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed - we each mourned him, in our own way." Klaus looked down in sadness.

"Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. That 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for 'Marcel'. It's for 'Mikaelson'." Klaus explained and smiled at me.

He stood still and spread out his arms wide while smirking at me. "I want it all back, and if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do. I'll have someone see to the air conditioning." Klaus said and walked out, I smiled a bit. Maybe New Orleans isn't that different from Mystic Falls.

~

I walked downstairs to the stairs to find Rebekah and Klaus talking in the foyer. "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" Rebekah said while pouting.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!" Klaus asked her. I rolled my eyes as I walked closer to the room they were in.

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the hybrid carrying your bun in her oven." Rebekah said to him and I joined them in the foyer.

"The hybrid would like to know what the plan is." I said to them and Klaus looked at me. H smiled a little and it made me happy.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love - my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Klaus asked me. Rebekah took a pencil from the desk beside her, and threw it in Klaus' direction. Klaus caught it easily before it can embed itself in his face.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the Mikaelson version of Stefan? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?....again" I said to him.

"In the front, if we're being specific." Klaus smirked as he walked over to the desk and propped his feet on on it.

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" I asked them. Hayley joined us, a little while after I said that, with a journal in her hand.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy - he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly -" He turned to Rebekah and gestures for her to speak, "- Sister, please." Klaus said.

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah told me and I looked between the two of them.

"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" Hayley asked. Please tell me it isn't.

"Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical." Rebekah said to her.

"And that's only the Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B." Klaus said to her and I looked at him.

"And what's Plan B?" I asked him, slightly scared of his answer.

Klaus smiled at me. "War."

~

I was sitting on the couch in the living room while Klaus was in the study talking to Rebekah. I overheard something about them going to a party and I had an idea. Klaus came back up and I ran up to him. He turned around to me and smiled.

"Yes?" Klaus asked me.

"Can I please, please, please, go outside of this damn house for one night?" I asked him and he sighed.

"No" Klaus said and I pouted.

"Klaus, I've been here for three weeks and I'm about to lose my freaking mind because of this house." I explained to him.

"No, Alex, you're not going out. May I remind you Marcel doesn't know about you or the baby, and I would like to keep it that way." Klaus said and I looked at him confused. "What?"

"I'm sorry did you just say Marcel?" I asked and he nodded. What? It's the first time I've thought about the name, with everything that has been going on. "Funny, I meet a guy named Marcel when I was here with Damon and Stefan. You know, looking for a way to break the sire bond between him and Elena." I said and brushed it off as if it wasn't shocking news to him.

"Are you telling me Marcel already knows who you are?" Klaus asked as walked up to me a little. There wasn't a whole lot of room in between us now, and it kind of scared me.

"Well, that depends if we're talking about the same Marcel." I said and he glared at me. Then Klaus sighed and stared at me. Wait, did he just change his mind?

"Fine, but for one hour. Do you understand?" I squealed and hugged him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I said and kissed his cheek as I hugged him. We pulled away and he looked at me with a smile. Like a real smile.

"I'll have Rebekah bring a dress for you to wear to the party later." Klaus said and I had the biggest smile on my face. He left the house and I couldn't stop smiling. Yes, I'm getting out of this damn house!