Chapter 13

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

Klaus had set up a dinner table in the courtyard to celebrate his return to leadership over New Orleans and his repossession of the Abattoir compound from Marcel. Marcel's, well I guess now they're Klaus', vampire army.......Basically Marcel, and his closest friends, were sitting around the table.

Klaus and I were seated at each end of the table. I had my legs crossed in the chair I was sitting in, because it was more comfortable for me. Plus no one seemed to care. Klaus called for everyone's attention, by tapping his glass with his fork. He wanted to give a speech. And it begins...

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality." Well, it's officially not my gift anymore. I asked Marcel to find a witch - and he did. She did a spell and said that I was now completely and utterly human, but I was still a werewolf.

"After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." Klaus gestured toward a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join us at the table, one for each guest accept for me. That's not true I feel deeply as well, and I'm just a werewolf now.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." The servants slit their wrists with knives, filling the vampires bowls with blood. God, I'm going to throw up! "Our victories, and our defeats." Klaus looked at Marcel and raised his glass in a toast. "..To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..." Klaus said and Marcel stood up lifting his glass with the wine in it.

"...and the party never end!" Marcel said and looked at Diego with a smile.

"To New Orleans." Diego said and Klaus repeated him. Then so did everybody, else accept for me.

I didn't want to be here, I wanted to be asleep upstairs in my bed. The one thing they also did that I couldn't was drink. And right now, in this very moment, I needed one. But I stuck to the soda Klaus let me have. It was ginger ale, so it looked like white wine in a wine glass.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent changes in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires." Klaus said to everybody else at the table.

"What about her?" Diego pointed to me at the far end of the table. "The wolf."

"You do realize I can hear you, dumbass." I snapped at him and showed he should me his vampire face, while I rolled my eyes. "Cute." I'm pissed off right now, I'll apologize to him later. Where was Thierry when you needed him?

"Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." Klaus walked over to the other end of the table where I sat. "As many of you know, Alex here is carrying my children. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate amount of respect. Even though she will point it out, if you don't." I rolled my eyes again.