Chapter 41

Alex's P.O.V

I woke up with gasp, still laying on the table at the sacristy where I had my throat slit. As I sat up, I was overwhelmed with flashbacks of being in labor twice, the babies being born, Klaus being pinned to the wall, and Monique slitting my throat. I realized that they had my babies and they were still alive. I calmed myself down before sighing. I got down and walked out of the church in search of my children and their father.

~

I heard Klaus and Elijah's voices. Well, I guess that means I'm a hybrid again. "We've passed through here twice already. We're running out of time." Elijah said and punched a wall in anger and frustration.

"Then we move faster." Klaus said and Elijah scratched something against the wall.

"Or smarter." I said and saw both of them freeze when they heard my voice. They turned around and saw me. I stood at the doorway, dazed, and I probably looked exhausted. Klaus sped in front of me.

"Alex." Klaus said in shock. I nodded slightly and Klaus touched my face to make sure I wasn't an illusion.

"How are you here?" Elijah asked and I looked at him.

"I was human again, with babies that had vampire blood in them, then died. I'm in transition again." I explained to him. I wasn't happy about it? I didn't want to be a hybrid again.

"Which means you have to drink the blood of one of our babies in order to survive." Klaus said and I looked at him.

"I don't care about me." I said and I looked around. "I can feel them. They're here." I looked at Klaus. "I can feel my babies."

I started walking towards the feeling when Elijah grabbed my arm. I twisted his around and pinned him to the wall. "I swear to God if one more person stops me from seeing my children, I'll rip their heart out." I said to them and let go of Elijah. I left and heard them following me through the cemetery.

~

Elijah, Klaus, and I are still searching through the cemetery for my children. I saw Genevieve holding a knife above my children's heads when I went around the corner. "NOOO!" I screamed.

Elijah picked up an urn and launched it at the witches, which slams against Genevieve's hand and knocked the athame onto the ground. The three of us run towards them, so Monique and and another harvest girl hold each other's hands. They channel the ancestors' power to throw us backwards while Genevieve goes to find the athame.

"La mère, le père, le frère, la sœur... La mère, le père, le frère, la sœur..." The witch chanted.

"You fools! To come against us in our place of power in our strongest hour? You don't face three, you face us all!" Monique said and I groaned.

"That doesn't mean it won't stop me." I said as they continue to use magic against us. Elijah, Klaus, and I can see the hundreds and hundreds of dead witches that have come together to protect them as they complete their sacrifice.

~

Klaus, Elijah, and I are still fighting against the witches' magic. Klaus and I each run in opposite directions, while Elijah continued to rush straight towards them, in hopes of overpowering them. I found Genevieve picking up the athame, and started to fist-fight her to keep her from using it against my babies. Once again, I knocked the knife out of her hand and onto the ground.

I knocked Genevieve down and ran towards my children, but Genevieve casted a pain infliction spell on me, which made me fall onto my knees. "La mère, le père, le frère, la sœur... La mère, le père, le frère, la sœur..." The harvest girls chanted and I screamed in pain.

"Noooo!" I screamed when I saw Monique was about to kill my babies. Genevieve continued the pain infliction spell to prevent me from interference.

Just as Monique is about to sacrifice them, she was hit with something, which embedded itself in her stomach. Her body became covered in cuts, and she coughed up blood before falling to the ground. I looked up and watched as Marcel sped to my children, and then sped away with them.

I sighed, then stood up. I turned to Genevieve and sped her against the wall. She stopped the spell as she tried to move my hands away from her neck, since I was choking her. "ALEX!" Elijah yelled and I looked at him.

I looked back to Genevieve and smirked. "This is gonna be fun." I said to her and she looked afraid. You tried to kill my babies, you should be afraid. I knock her out and looked at Elijah with my Hybrid face. Elijah looked at me, disappointed, but I didn't really care.

~

We changed Genevieve up in the cemetery and she looked up at us. "Why?" I asked her furiously. She didn't answer me, so I held her by her throat. "Answer me." I said to calm to be ok. Then let her go, so she could answer me.

"The Ancestors left me no choice -"

"You were willing to sacrifice an two innocent babies for more power?" I asked her appalled.

"No, not just power! It was the Ancestors' decree. It was her decree." Genevieve said and Elijah grabbed Genevieve roughly by the face. He forced her to look at him in the eyes.

"It was whose decree?" He asked and she smiled weakly.

"I'm surprised you have to ask." She laughed darkly. "After all, you were the one who convinced your siblings to consecrate her on New Orleans soil." She said to us. Elijah let go of her, visibly disgusted, when he realized who she's talking about. I, too, seemed to have figured it out as well.

"Esther."

"So, not even death can stop my mother from seeking the annihilation of her own flesh and blood." Elijah said.

"This isn't the end. As long as those children live, the witches of New Orleans will neverstop coming for them." She started to cry. "Esther will never stop coming for them. It has been decreed - your babies will be consecrated among their ancestors. They will not live." Genevieve said anxiously.

Elijah and I just glare at her. Genevieve began to bleed from her eyes. "They're coming for me, I can feel it. I failed them. Understand - I just wanted to live. Tell Klaus... I'm sorry." Genevieve begged me and started to choke up blood. I watched her for a moment before sighing and stabbing her in the stomach with the athame.

"I'm not. You took Klaus from me and you almost killed both my children. You're a monster and I'm not sorry for you at all because of it." I said furiously, cutting her abdomen open. I walked out of the tomb, as Elijah followed behind me.