Chapter 21

Alex's P.O.V

I was sitting on Davina's bed in her room looking at her sketches. I'll give her credit, she was a good artist. "There you are." Elijah said and I looked at him with a smile.

"Here I am." I said as he walked into the room. "So, are you my bodyguard for the day?" I asked with a laugh.

"Just until Klaus comes back." Elijah said and I nodded. He gestured to the sketches. "Davina's drawings."

"Yeah. Morbid, I know. I was just thinking... we never figured out why she drew those pictures of Celeste. Anyway, I'm just killing time, now that I'm on vampire lockdown again." I said and Elijah sat next to me.

"Whoever did this, we will deal with them. It won't be long." Elijah said.

"I'm not worried. If I know anything about your family, it's that you'll protect my children and me. I just think it's kind of funny that it took some big, supernatural threat for you to even come into the same room as me." I said and Elijah seemed sad.

"I do apologize if you feel neglected. I have been occupied. My siblings are in some quarrel. Niklaus remains agitated. You'll recall that even our slightest interactions seem to infuriate him." Elijah said and I sighed.

"So my boyfriend's begin a dick, and you want to be Mr. Hero Hair. So we can't hang out. That sum it up, right?" Elijah looked down. "I get it, Elijah. It just seems like a really crappy deal." We didn't say anything to one another. "The same deal Stefan made to Damon a long time ago." I mumbled to myself.

"How did Stefan take it?" Elijah asked and I smiled.

"He took it well, but he's waiting, with Damon, to see who I choose to be my son's godfather, while Klaus chooses godmother." I said and Elijah smirked at me. "But they were bummed when Klaus chose you as godfather for our daughter. It's why I made Caroline godmother."

"Well, your brothers aren't that trustworthy in Klaus's book." Elijah said and I looked at him with a smile. "I think that's why you are his favorite."

"But he would trust them if he knew them when they were human." I stated.

"Perhaps."

"Well, at least they got along while we were up there." I  said and laughed. I kept looking through Davina's drawings. Someone walked to the door, but not into the room. I looked up and smile when I saw Diego.

"Klaus texted me saying that he wanted me to take the boxes out of the car." Diego said and I smiled.

"Yeah, could you bring them in here?" I asked and Diego nodded. I looked back at Elijah to see he was confused.

"Boxes?"

"You'll see." I said to him.

Since I've been back, Elijah and I have started to act more like brother and sister. And with my brothers not here, I need someone to talk to about these things. Elijah been sweet and kind to me like Damon and Stefan are. So for now, while my brothers can't be here, he's a good substitute. But no matter what, he still doesn't replace them in my heart.

Diego and a few other vampires brought the boxes over to me. I smiled and asked if he could put the boxes labeled 'Pictures' on the bed. He did and I hugged him. He hugged me back before leaving with all the other vampires.

"What's all this?" Elijah asked.

"My brothers and I's past." I answered and opened up the box. I took out the photo of Mom, Dad, Damon, Stefan, and I. Damon was about 11, I was 9, and Stefan was 3. It was 7 years before mom passed and I smiled at the photo. We all looked so innocent.