Chapter 31

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

I was drinking tea on the porch with Eve, where they were remarking on all the new werewolves who have shown up in the Bayou and flooded the encampments. "You've gotta be kidding me. Seriously, what is going on? Who are all these people? Why are they standing out here all weird and lurky?" I asked Eve.

"They've come from all over. All the packs." Eve said and I looked at her.

"Why? To see two babies that haven't even born yet?" I asked and Oliver came out of the house.

"Forget the babies. These freaks, they came here to see you and Hayley. You know, given the place your parents held in pack hierarchy, maybe they think you two are gonna be the long-lost werewolf messiahs or something." Oliver said and I sighed.

"Great. No pressure or anything." I said and took another sip of my tea.

~

Elijah met with Jackson, Oliver, and I on behalf of the Crescent wolves. Hayley was getting food with Eve when Elijah came over. "Your people are uniquely poised to set an example for the rest of the French Quarter. Which is why it's important for the wolves to attend." Elijah said and I sighed.

"Thanks, but no thanks?" I said and Ollie sighed.

"Let's hear the man out." He said and I looked at him confused.

"The witches are the ones that cursed your pack. And they've been nothing but crap to me since I first came to town." I turned to Elijah. "No. We're not going." I said.

"It's a new day in the Quarter, Alex. I agree with Oliver. If we're gonna coexist, we have to play ball. We'll send a representative with a gift." Jackson said and Elijah frowned. He's annoyed, I could tell, but Jack and Ollie walked away from us. Elijah caught my arm, before I could walk away with them, to speak with me privately.

"That was too easy. Don't trust him. Don't trust any of them." Elijah whispered to me and I looked at them. I turned to Elijah to see he was gone.

~

I came out on the porch to join Jackson and Oliver. They stop talking when I came outside, which made me suspicious. "What is this? High School?" I asked them.

"Why don't you take the hint and mind your own business?" Ollie asked and I grabbed him by the arm, spun him around, twisted his arm behind his back, and pinned him up against the wall, face-first.

"This is my pack. That makes it my business." I said to him.

"No need to get all riled up. It's not good for you, Alex." Jackson said.

"I have tried to play nice." I twisted his arm harder. "The last month of pregnancy is all hormones and mood swings, so unless you want me to snap your arm like a twig, I suggest that you tell me what is going on." I suggested.

"You can go to hell." Ollie told me.

"Knock it off. There's no reason to keep it from her." Jackson said and Ollie smriked.

"I can think of a reason. Tall and immortal and wears a pocket scarf." Oliver fought against me, but I forcefully pinned him back down again. "Uhh!"

"Alex, you're one of us. You deserve to know. Now, go on." Jackson said to me. I reluctantly released Ollie and turned to Jackson for an explanation. "We made an alliance that's gonna change everything for the wolves."

"An alliance with whom?" I asked him and Jackson looked away from me before sighing.

"Klaus." Jackson said and I walked closer to him. Nothing good can come from this.

"Tell me everything."