Chapter 9

Alex's P.O.V 

It was night time now and I was wrapped in a towel, sitting outside beside the swimming pool. Rebekah stood behind me, checking my temperature for the 50th time. Elijah was busy assisting Sophie in helping with the herbs, so I wouldn't lose both my children. He shrugged off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves.

"She's burning up! We need to do this now." Elijah said to Sophie.

"Get her in the water!" Sophie said to him. Elijah jumped into the pool, then Rebekah and him helped me in. Sophie mixed the herbs in a cup and followed us into the water as well.

"I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help." Rebekah said frustrated. She was as worried as I was.

"Her temperature is sky-high. The water, with the help of the herbs, should cool us down." She handed me the herbal concoction. "Drink this!" As we were walking in the pool, I drank the herbs and Sophie turned to Elijah. "You're going to have to get her heart rate down." She said to him.

"How do you suggest I do that?" Elijah asked her and I clung onto him as we walked.

"Hold her. It's a natural human remedy to slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure." She said and I handed her the cup.

"This is never gonna work." Rebekah said worried about me. Elijah picked me up and held me bridal-style in the pool.

"Davina will break the link, we just need time." Elijah said to her as I clung to Elijah and groan as I gasped for breath.

"Klaus should be here." I said and he looked down at me sympathetically. Please, I can't lose my children. All of a sudden it felt like all the air left my lungs and I began hyperventilating. "Elijah. Elijah! I can't breathe!"

"Okay, long deep breaths, Alex! Look at me." I looked at him. "Long deep breaths, just focus on a memory. A happy memory." I closed my eyes and thought. 

It was 1857, the last Christmas I ever got to spend with my mom. It was also the year Damon and Stefan gave me my locket. It was the best Christmas, my best memory of her. Elijah began to lower his voice to a whisper. 

"You'll be okay. You'll be okay." He said and I began to calm down. Then all I felt was pain.

"AHHHH! AHHHH!" I screamed as I began to trash in Elijah strong hold with my hand on my stomach. I heard Sophie gasp as I continued to groan in pain.

"I just felt it lift." Sophie said with disappointment.

I kept my hand on my stomach as the pain disappeared. Rebekah sighed in relief. I started to calm down, and Elijah looked stunned. I stood up on my own, but leaned against Elijah, still weak from the spell. Sophie removed one of her earrings and poked her palm with it.

I looked at my palm, and then up at Elijah. We both looked relieved when I wasn't injured. I'm free. Elijah held my hand and we stare at each other for a moment, before I looked to Rebekah and smiled. Elijah then quickly started to lead me out of the pool.

"Come on, let's go." Elijah said to me.

"Elijah... as soon as your brother finds out that the link is broken, he'll kill Agnes. I know you don't owe me anything, but please, don't let him kill her." Sophie said to him. Elijah zoomed out of the pool and pulled his phone out of his jacket on the table as I continued to walk towards the stairs. 

"Elijah! She's our only access to the power we need to survive. Promise me that you'll stop him!" Sophie yelled at him.Elijah ignored her and dialed a number into his phone before raising it to his ear. It's probably Klaus, though I couldn't listen in. 

"It's me, where are you?" Elijah said in a beat tone. "Alex is fine." Definitely Klaus. "Don't hurt her. I'll be there shortly." He hung up and turned to Sophie. "I'll make you one last promise. I won't let my brother kill Agnes." Sophie nodded at him gratefully, and Elijah picked up his jacket and shoes, then walked away. Sophie and I turned to get out of the pool, but I stopped her at the steps.

"I know you were just using me to save your people, but try it again, and I'll kill you myself." I threatened and got out of the pool. Rebekah wrapped a towel around me and brought me into a hug. "I'm ok Rebekah." I rubbed my baby bump. "We're all ok." Rebekah smiled at me as she lead me up to my room to get changed.

~

(Her Outfit ^^) I answered the door after getting dressed and saying goodbye to Rebekah

(Her Outfit ^^) I answered the door after getting dressed and saying goodbye to Rebekah. "Where is he? I've been trying to find him all day. Marcel knows that Klaus lied to him about where he lives." Josh said as he walked in.

I sighed, "I might be his girlfriend and carrying his children, but I'm not his dam keeper, Josh."

"Fine! Just... tell him to call me, please." Josh said and I nodded.

"Okay." I said and shut the door behind him. A short while after I closed the door, someone knocked again. I went to answer, "Ugh, what the hell, Josh?" But I opened it to see Marcel. He looked startled to see me. Now I was scared and angry, great.

"Hey, Alex. what are you doing here?" He looked down to see my pregnant belly. "And pregnant?" Marcel asked.

"Funny story...I came looking for my dad's family. Found out they were driven out of town by you, thanks by the way, found out I was pregnant with twins. Then Klaus showed up and promised to protect me." I explained. Half truth, half false. It will have to do.

"What about your brothers?" Marcel asked.

"Oh, they know I'm here, but they don't know I'm pregnant."

"Father?"

"Out of the picture."

"So why not tell your brothers?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"I'm here with my problems, they're in Virginia with theirs. Twin babies would only complicate their lives a whole lot more than they need." I explained. Ok, that felt good to say out loud.

"Ah. Well, you look tired, so I'm going to let you get some rest." Marcel said and I smiled. "Goodnight Alex."

"Goodnight Marcel." He walked away and I closed the door. I turned around to hear a knock again and I groaned. "Ok, the next person I see is going to get punched in the -" I opened the door to see Tyler Lockwood. What? Wait, just...What? "Tyler?" I asked and he stepped towards me with a murderous look in his eye.

"Sorry Alex." He said and everything went black.