Chapter 2

Alex's P.O.V

Hayley and I were standing outside the mausoleum. They told me to go in, but they kept Hayley from entering with me. I entered the mausoleum with a few other witches. "Klaus." He looked at me. He seemed concerned and worried, but hid his feelings from anyone else (except for me) in the room. "You need to listen to them." I said to him softly and Klaus laughed at me. Love you too, sweetheart.

"You're all out of your minds if you think some liquor-fueled, one-night stand with my girlfriend - no offense, sweetheart - means a thing to me." Klaus said and I felt slightly hurt, but not enough to cry.

"Marcel may be able to keep us from practicing real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance we still know when nature has cooked up something new. For example, I have a special gift...of sensing when a girl is pregnant." Sophie explained to him. I watched as all amusement left Klaus' face.

"What?" Klaus asked.

"Look, Klaus, I know it's impossible..." I started off.

"What are you saying?" Klaus asked me.

"Niklaus..." He looked at Elijah. "The girl is carrying your child." Elijah said and there were a few moments of silence before Klaus said anything.

"No. It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate." Trust me. I know. I'm one of them.

"But werewolves can. Magic made you both a vampire, but you both were born from werewolf bloodline. You're the Original hybrid, you are the first two of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." Sophie explained to him. He turned to me with anger and disbelief on what he was hearing.

"You've been with someone else, admit it!" Klaus yelled at me.

"Hey, I've spent days held captive in a cemetery full of witches, that I hate, because they think that I'm carrying some miracle child sent for God himself. Don't you think I would've said something if it wasn't yours?" I snapped at him. "Plus, I'm a vam-pi-re. I wouldn't be pregnant anyways."

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us." I looked at her surprised, this was news to Elijah and I. "If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Alex won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress." Sophie said.

"Wait, what?" I asked her. Umm, this definitely wasn't the deal?

"Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself." Elijah said and Sophie dismissed his offer.

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules." Sophie said and I looked at Klaus while he was still facing me. This can't be good. He slowly turned to Sophie in silence, which scared me.

"How dare you command me..." He raised his voice to the point where he was shouting. "Threaten me, with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. I won't hear any more lies." Klaus said and went to leave.

"Niklaus." Klaus stopped in his tracks. "Listen." Elijah said and Klaus looked at me.

He listen for a heartbeat. I saw wonder in his eyes as he listened for a few moments. He looked into my eyes as I held my stomach. "Please." I whispered to him. He then closed himself off once again and turned back to Elijah.

"Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" Klaus said and I stared at him as I watched him walk out of the mausoleum.

"Sorry, but I realized I have places to be." I said with a smile and went to leave, but the witches blocked me from leaving. Had to try.