Used to be friends (part 2)

"I'm glad we aren't friends anymore" you said to your mom as you two were sitting at the kitchen table. "I know honey, but I also know how much you liked him. Even more than just friends" she said while wiggling her eyes brows. "Really mom? Really? He never even wanted to be my friend! He never liked me, and I was so stupid to not see it first hand." You said while shaking your head and rubbing your hands over your face. "It's alright honey. You can live without him. He's no good. I never liked him anyway." Your mom said reassuringly. "Mom, I know you liked him. He was literally your favorite person ever." "But not when he hurts my daughter."

Today is your first day back at school after being suspended for a week. You were really not looking forward to going, but you did want to see the friends that you still had. You definitely did not want to run into LaMelo anywhere, so you were going to ignore him at all costs.

You pulled up to the school, got out of your moms car, and walked to the doors. Once you walked in, everyone was looking at you and whispering. "Hey, are you the girl that beat up Holly?" A random boy asked that you have never seen before. "Yeah. Why?" "Well, what you did was really brave. Holly messes with basically everyone at this school, and no one had the balls to do anything about it but you, so thank you." He said with a smile and grabbing your shoulder. "Oh! Um, no problem!" You said laughing a little. Once you walked down the hallway to your first class, people started applauding and cheering for you. You started smiling at the people and saying hi to them. As you were walking, you saw LaMelo through your perifial vision and he was staring at you hard, but you never looked at him. You just kept walking and waving. "She's such an attention seeker" you heard Holly say, but you decided to not get into anymore trouble.

The last bell rung, and you were off! "Peace out school!" You yelled as you were in the hall. "You know it's only Monday right?" You heard LiAngelo say. "Yeah, yeah. Way to kill the vibe!" You said as you yelled to him from across the way with a smile. You, Lonzo, and LiAngelo were still cool, despite all the things that happened. They were your true friends. You walked to the front of the school, and waited for your mom to get you. You put your headphones in and listened to 'No Heart' by 21 Savage. All of a sudden, you felt a presence next to you. You looked up and saw the person you never wanted to see again. "Hey" LaMelo said as if nothing had happened a week ago. You looked at him, than quickly looked away. You saw your moms car in the distance, so you walked towards it, making sure your music was loud so you wouldn't hear him say anything else. "What was that about?" Your mom asked as she clearly was referring to LaMelo standing by you. "I'm not sure. I don't think he knew it was me." "Trust me y/n, he did."

It was 12:00 midnight, and you were suddenly awakened by a knock on your window. "Hmmm?" You said tiredly. "Y/n?" You could not believe your ears. "LaMelo? What are you doing here? Go away!" You said whisper yelling towards him as you walked to the window. "No. Look, I just want to say that I'm sorry for everything I said. Holly told me to say it so you wouldn't get in the way." "If that was the case..." you started as you were opening the blinds to see him clearly "then, why did you do it so easily?" "She said she would break up with me." "Wait, you chose your girlfriend over your best friend? Oh wait, we weren't even friends. Just leave me alone. It's late." You said as you were trying to close the window. "Look, I did choose her over you, and I'm so sorry. I was just confused and I didn't know what to do. Just please, be my best friend again. Please." He said with some tears in his eyes. "As much as it pains me to see you cry LaMelo, I can't be your friend. It would be too hard." You said while starting to tear up yourself. "Please y/n! You're my best friend! No one could ever replace you! Please!" He said while grabbing your hands. "Please y/n, why would it be so hard to be my best friend again? Tell me." "Because, because...ugh...Um never mind. Just forget it." You said while snatching your hands away from him and starting to close the window again. "Wait! Y/n! Please tell me!" "Because I like you ok?! It's because I like you! Heck, I love you! I've always wanted to be with you, but I guess I'm not pretty enough or skinny enough for you like Holly is. There's your explanation. Happy?" You said while finally getting the chance to slam the window shut, locking it, and closing the blinds. "Y/n wait!" You heard LaMelo say as he knocked on the window. He saw the light turn off, so he knew that you weren't coming back. "I love you too."

(Hey guys! I know some people requested a part two, so here it is! I hope y'all enjoy! I will make a part three later if you guys want one, so just let me know! Sorry for any mistakes I missed! ☀️)