A gift

Your dog that you had ever sense you were born passed away yesterday due to cancer, and you are definitely not in good spirits. You are a hot mess. You haven't left your room since noon of yesterday and you don't think you are planning to leave anytime soon.

"Y/n? Are you alright sweetie?" Your mom asked will slowly opening the door. "No, no I'm not mom. Can't you tell?" You said with a little bit of attitude. Your mom looked at you surprised with your sudden tone. "I'm sorry mom. I didn't mea-" "It's alright. I understand. You don't need to be sorry. I'll just leave you alone ok? Come to my room if you need anything. I love you." She said while walking to your bed and kissing your head. "I love you too." You said with a sniffle.

You woke up from your nap that lasted about 2 hours, and it was now 6:00 pm. Your stomach growled loudly, indicating that you needed food. "I really should eat." You said while holding your stomach. You grabbed your phone off of your nightstand, and looked at the text message you received from your boyfriend, LaMelo. "Hey baby. I heard about your dog. Your mom told me. I'm so sorry. I know you loved her so much, and I also know she loved you too. Keep your head up babe ;) your crown is falling!" You read his text with a smile at how sweet but corny it was. "Thank you Melo. You made me night, but that crown line was really cheesy. I loved it though! I miss you." You sent the text, turned your phone off, and finally got up from your bed, and left your room.

You walked downstairs to see that your mom was cooking your favorite dinner, spaghetti and meatballs. "Y/n! You're up! How are you feeling?" Your mom said while hugging you. "I'm feeling a little better. It still hurts though." "I know sweetie, I know, but now she doesn't have to suffer anymore. She's in a better place." "I kno-" you said while being interrupted by the doorbell. "Did you invite someone?" You asked your mom as she shook her head no. You walked to the door, and opened it. LaMelo was standing on the porch with a box that had a red ribbon on it and a card. "What's this?" You said with a smile. "It's a gift for you. I thought you could use this right about now." He said while handing you the box that had some weight to it. "Come in." You said while waving to him to come inside. "Hi Mrs. Y/l/n." "Hi LaMelo!" She said with a smile while cooking dinner still. You sat on the couch and opened the gift. Right when you opened it, a husky puppy jumped out and attacked your face with kisses. "Oh my gosh! LaMelo! Oh, she's so cute! Why did you do this? She must have costed a fortune!" You said while hugging the puppy with all your might and kissing her face. "I thought you could use a buddy at the moment." He said while grabbing your hand and smiled. "Thank you! This is the best gift ever! Mom, come here! Look what LaMelo got me!!!" You shouted as your mom came into the living room. "Wow! Look how cute! Aw, she's so pretty! Thank you LaMelo. Really, thank you." She said while hugging LaMelo. "Oh no problem at all!" He said while smiling into the hug.

(Hey guys! This one made me a little upset because I lost my dog a couple months ago. It was really hard, but I'm definitely better now. I hope you guys enjoy this one! Thank you guys for 5k reads!!! That's amazing! I'm gonna start my Devin Booker imagines book soon, so be prepared for that!📍)