Should have been me

You and LaMelo were on the way to the store. You were driving, so you were a tad nervous. You had a bad feeling like you should turn around and go home, but you didn't. You shrugged it off, and kept laughing and singing with LaMelo. As you were passing through an intersection, the light turned red, and you were already in the middle of the street. "Y/n, what are you doing?! Drive!!" "I can't LaMelo! I'm stuck!" You said while turning to look at him, when all of a sudden you saw a car coming towards y'all on LaMelo's side. "LaMelo!!!!" You screamed, but it was too late. You guys were hit, and everything turned black.

You started to wake up and hear sirens and people calling 911. You heard your mom screaming. "Y/n! LaMelo! Oh my god no please god no!" "Ma'am, I'm gonna need you to stay here." You heard someone say. "No! That's my daughter and her boyfriend! Please!" You heard her scream. You tried to move your head to see LaMelo, but you couldn't, so you tried to move your hand, and lucky you did and found LaMelo's hand. "Baby?" You whispered weakly. "LaMelo?" You said a little louder this time, but everything went black again.

You woke up to beeping sounds. You knew you were in the hospital because of the smell. "Mom?" You said tiredly. "Y/n! My baby!" She said while running towards the bed and hugging you and kissing your cheeks. "Hi momma." You said while smiling. You looked around the room and noticed a curtain. "What's th-" and before you could finish, you heard a long beep sound. "What's that?" You asked a little worried. "Doctor! We need a doctor!" Your mom yelled. The doctors came and pulled the curtain to show a lifeless LaMelo. "Wait, what's going on?!" You said trying to get up. "No! Stay laying down y/n!" "No mom! What's going on?!" You yelled stressing out.

It has been an hour since LaMelo was taken into the operating room. No one told you what happened, but the long sound you heard sounded familiar from watching all those doctor shows, but you hope it wasn't the sound you thought it was. Your mom came in looking pale. "Mom? What's wrong? What happened?" "I'm sorry y/n, but LaMelo is gone. He passed away just now." "What?! No, this can't be true. Mom, tell me it's not true!" "I'm sorry honey, it is." You slumped into the hospital bed, and started screaming loudly. "NO NO NO! GOD PLEASE NO! GIVE HIM BACK PLEASE! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME, NOT HIM! PLEASE TAKE ME INSTEAD OH MY GOD." You turned and sobbed into your pillow. "Y/n, there is nothing you could have done. His body just couldn't take it anymore. He's in a better place. I know he is. He's watching over you, and he's going to protect you." "Mom...I wish it was me. It should have been me. This is my fault."

(Hey guys! This one was really sad, but I hope you guys can somewhat enjoy it! Thank you for 2k reads! Sorry for any missed mistakes! 🍋)