Chapter 1

In the ten years after Ichinose Kazuya graduated from high school, he got the chance to join the Pro League soccer team in the States. However, his conditions haven't gone away completely after his second surgery and he was required to visit his doctor regularly.

During one of his visits to the hospital, he went to see his teammate who was injured in the recent match and came across something astonishing. The room beside his teammate was occupied by "Gouenji Kimiko". He realized almost suddenly that this girl must be related to Gouenji Shuuya, his former teammate is some way or the other. His curiosity urged him to ask for information from one of the staff at the counter.

"She is in her room now, would you like me to take you up to see her?"

"Yes please, that would be wonderful"

Turns out, the girl was only 12 and she had been admitted in the hospital since she was only a year old. Because the medical technology in Japan was unable to cure her sickness, her father sent her overseas to the States where she could be healed.

Ichinose waited at the door after the staff had knocked, for someone to come open it. A few seconds later, the door opened, revealing a young nurse.

"Sorry, I was checking her temperature," she explained to the staff, "did you want something?"

"This man here wants to see her," the staff replied gesturing towards Ichinose.

"Who might you be?" the nurse asked Ichinose since she wasn't expecting the girl in the room to have any visitors.

"Ichinose Kazuya. Would it be ok if I could visit her?" Ichinose requested. "Actually, forget it. I shouldn't be intruding other's privacy. I'm sorry but I'll be leaving now."

"What's going on Julie? Who's at the door?" came a voice from inside. A young girl with fawn colored hair with a streak of white on the left side appeared on the other side of the door. She had big, round, blue eyes - the eyes of a soccer player.

"Oh-my-god!" the girl screamed. "It's Ichinose Kazuya! I'm a big fan," she said with a big smile and excitement in her eyes.

"Do you know him?" Julie asked.

"He's the famous soccer player who plays in the Pro League team, magician of the soccer field, Ichinose Kazuya," explain the girl.

"Ah, I see. No wonder he seemed so familiar," Julie said.

"Please come in, it gets pretty lonely here. It's just me and Julie most of the time after all."

Ichinose followed the girl inside her room accompanied by Julie. This is it. I will find out who this girl is. She has really got me interested. She's got the eyes of a soccer player and that's what's important. Ichinose thought to himself.

Gouenji Kimiko.

***

Thank you for reading till the end! If you enjoyed this chapter please vote and comment if you have any positive feedback or suggestions. This is my first story and I'm sorry if there were any mistakes. Please let me know if you want to see the next chapter :)