Chapter 28

"According to the news a while back, it said that Amemiya Hideyoshi was murdered almost 5 years ago" said a man's voice on the other side of the phone which Yuuka had put on speaker.

"Do you have an exact date?" Yuuka asked.

"I still haven't found much because its an old case so I'll need more time try to recover the evidence. I'll keep looking into it and I'll tell you if i find anything new"

"Thank you Masato-san" and she hung up.

"Who was that?" Kimiko asked.

"Gouenji Masato-san. He's our cousin who works as a police and right now, he's helping me look into this case"

"Cool! I didn't know we had a cousin"

"I'll make sure to introduce you to him later but right now, lets go visit Dad"

***

The three of them made their way to a room on the fifth floor of the hospital where Gouenji Katsuya was resting.

The room brought back so many unwanted memories and Kimiko tried to push them away because now wasn't the time to be grieving about her Dad.

"Dad, I'm back"

"Yuuka!"

Kimiko decided to wait at the door because she wasn't ready to face her dad. At least not now.

"Dad, theres someone I wanted you to meet" Yuuka continued, bringing Taiyou into the room with her.

The instant he saw Taiyou, his face went pale.

"Hideyoshi-san! Help me!" they heard him call.

Yuuka and Taiyou looked at each other puzzled.

"Isn't Hideyoshi your grandfather's name?" Yuuka whispered.

"Yes, but a lot of people say I look like him. Your father must have mistaken me for my grandfather"

A moment later, Kimiko's father must have felt a sharp head pain because he started holding on to his head and shouting. Nurses came rushing in and asked for the visitors to wait outside.

Dad must have been the Gouenji that late Lawyer Hideyoshi took the bullet for. They seemed to know each other well enough to call each other by their first names meaning, they must have worked together for quite some time. But what was it that they knew too much of?

Looks like the reason behind dad's illness was no accident.

***

After the incident in their father's room, Yuuka decided that it was better to discuss the issue some other time. Taiyou went back to his own room and Yuuka took Kimiko back to Kogarashi Manor. She left shortly afterwards.

Ichinose and Aki congratulated her on winning her match earlier in the day but also warned her about playing intense sports. Seemed like her doctor had phoned Ichinose-san as well to tell him about the consequences if Kimiko refused to refrain from soccer.

After dinner, Kimiko showered and went over to Tenma's room.

"It's too bad you had to go to the hospital after the match. Shinsuke was really excited to play in the next match now that he mastered his first hissatsu technique. It was really fun practicing with the seniors too"

"Yeah, I wish I could have gone"

"By the way, you were really cool in the match today! Your hissatsu technique was really cool. Where did you find time to learn it?"

"I snuck outside to play back when I was trapped in the hospital all day" Kimiko whispered into Tenma's ear.

"I look forward to seeing it again in the next match"

"I don't think I'll get to play. My doctor says that if my condition gets any worse than it is now, I'll have to be admitted in the hospital for at least a week"

"What!? That sucks"

"Yeah, I know right" Kimiko sighed.

After a while, Kimiko made her way back to her own room. The talk with Tenma helped her get her mind of things, but as she laid down on her bed, she couldn't help stopping her thoughts from making their way back to late Lawyer Hideyoshi.

Who was he? Why did he have to take a bullet for my father? But more importantly, why was my father in danger of getting killed and who would want to do such a thing?