Chapter 27

"Kimiko, thank you for taking that point back" Tsurugi said when he came to Kimiko at the end of the match.

"I have to thank you, for not destroying Raimon"

"I don't know what to do anymore. After today, Fifth Sector will no longer give money for my brother's surgery"

"Maybe you should take some time to think over what it is you and your brother really want. Until then, I'll be waiting for you to come back"

"Kimi-chan! Tsurugi-kun! Hurry up, the bus is leaving" Haruna-san called. "Also, I suggest you visit the hospital again today" she said to Kimiko.

***

As usual, Kimiko breathed in cold hospital air as she stepped foot inside the familiar building. She made her way down the familiar hallways and up the same elevator to make it to the doctor's same old office.

The doctor did the same checkups and they had the same discussion, just that this time, the results for the check up was worst than the last time.

"Kimiko, you can't be playing these intense sports. It's only worsening your health"

"I understand"

"I request that you take a break off all your soccer this next week. If your condition gets worse, I'll know you have been ignoring me and I'll have to request that you be admitted at the hospital for at least a week"

"For today, you can go home, but please refrain from any intense sports alright?"

"Ok. Thank you, doctor"

***

Walking down the hallways, Kimiko felt miserable. No soccer for a week was the last thing she wanted.

"Ichinose!" called a familiar voice, causing Kimiko to turn to find where the voice was coming from.

"Amemiya-kun!"

"I saw you play this morning. You're amazing. I can't wait until my school gets to play against yours"

"Your school? Which school do you go to?"

"Arakumo Junior High"

"Cool! I heard from Shindou-san that your team is really good. They say there's a genius soccer player who only appears once in a decade too. I wonder who it is"

"There's no point in searching it up because Fifth Sector would probably have covered up most of the information by now"

"Never mind then, I look forward to the match against your team and I especially look forward to playing against you on the real field"

"Same here. Why don't we go and kick the ball around. I'm excited already"

"I can't. Doctor's orders. She says if my condition gets any worse, she'll have me admitted for at least a week"

"You must have over worked yourself in the match this morning. It's fine then, we can play another time"

"Kimi-chan!" came a voice she wasn't expecting to hear. Yuuka-neesan?

Her sister walked towards her with a worried expression.

"Yuuka-neesan, this is Amemiya Taiyou-kun" she told her sister as she approached.

"I've told him about my story" Kimiko told her sister to reassure her that she wasn't accidentally exposing their relationship to any stranger.

"I saw your game today, you were amazing. But, you can't just ignore your doctor's orders like that. I was worried when I saw you on the field" and she gave Kimiko a warm hug.

"Ok neesan, I'll be sure to stay healthy" Kimiko said with a big smile.

"You know, the more I get to know you, the more you remind me of oniichan"

That got Kimiko thinking about her brother again. She didn't know anything about him. His whereabouts or what he was doing. At least she knew what he looked like from his national team games on TV. Maybe during the Holy Road competition she might see him, since Fifth Sector is involved.

"By the way, is your father Amemiya Yoshirou?" Yuuka asked Taiyou. That brought Kimiko back to the questions as to why her sister suddenly showed up at the hospital.

"Yes"

"You made a good choice to trust him, Kimiko. I was on my way to visit Dad. Amemiya-kun, please come along"

Kimiko and Taiyou look at each other in confusion before following Yuuka down the hospital hallways.

What is this all about? Why did I make a good choice to trust him? Was it because his father worked for our family? And why would Yuuka want him to come visit dad with us?

Yuuka seemed to be able to read Kimiko's mind because what she said next answered all her doubts.

"Amemiya-kun, did you know that your father works as a lawyer for our father?" Yuuka asked as Kimiko and Taiyou caught up to her.

Yuuka looked worried because she was speaking in a serious tone and at an abnormally fast pace.

"I knew he worked for the Gouenji family but not specifically for you father" Taiyou replied.

"Because recently, I have been talking to your father and we suspect that your grandfather was helping my father hide something"

Seems like our little suspicion was right. Something was going on after all.

"Do you know anything about this?"

"My father has told me that my grandfather died taking a bullet for a Gouenji, because he knew too much"

Upon hearing this, Yuuka came to an abrupt stop.

"That's one thing Lawyer Yoshirou hasn't told me about. Something suspicious is definitely going on"

Seems like Kimiko wasn't the only secret that Gouenji Katsuya was hiding. This secret seems to be something big too...