Chapter 55

The look on Kimiko's face was like what the hell did you just say when she turned around to face her sister.

"Gouenji-san is my soccer idol. I've always wanted to see him play in real life" said Tsurugi.

"If thats the case, I can tell him and maybe if he's free you can join him in a soccer game with Kimiko" Yuuka-neesan forced a smile.

"That would be awesome"

***

It was nearly 8 when Kimiko and Tsurugi actually sat down and read. Kimiko's mind wasn't with the books anymore.

Boyfriend? Nee-san's excuses are worse than mine. Now I have to play along with this too.

"Kimiko"

"Huh?"

"I was asking you about this question"

"Oh sorry. Which one was it again?"

The study session went by in a very unprogressive way. Kimiko zoned out at least 5 times and they only managed to finish a few questions.

Yuuka-neesan suggested that Tsurugi go home for the night and marked the next study session as tomorrow.

***

The beginning of the Holy Road Nationals tournament have arrived and Raimon was training as hard as ever.

Apart from the fact that Kirino and Kariya were constantly at each others throats. Kirino thought that Kariya was a SEED from Fifth Sector because he was acting really suspicious around Kirino. Kimiko had noticed it too but she decided it wasn't anything to worry about because after consulting Tsurugi, he confirmed that he never knew anyone by the name Kariya that was a SEED.

During practice, the two of them were constantly fighting for the ball and pushing each other around. The rest of the team was quite frustrated by the two and eventually, Kidou-san had to let them off to cool their heads.

On the actual day of the match, the team took the school bus to the stadium. The stadiums were set in the Russian Roulette style where there were five different stadiums surrounding the Amano Mikado Stadium in the center where the teams would play their finals match. The different stadiums each held their own obstacles and challenges that the teams would have to overcome as they played their match.

The bus took them to the platform where they were to wait for the train to come. The train was open only before and after the match to transport players and the spectators to the stadium itself.

As the team waited at the stadium, someone suddenly shouts a familiar name as the opposing team emerges from the platform on the other side.

"Minnamisawa-san?" It was Shindou-san who had called him. His face filled with confusion and anger from betrayal.

"Shindou, Raimon, we meet again"

"What are you doing with them!?" Sangoku-san yells with anger.

"That's none of your business" Minnamisawa-san replied calmly.

Kimiko recognized him as the student who quit the team when the revolution was just starting. He wasn't there to stick with the team in the worst times. He just left.