Chapter 53

"Onii-chan?"

"Yeahhh!" She heard her sister squeal.

"Are you serious? You better not be joking" Kimiko warned.

"Im seriously serious. 100% lie proof" her sister confirmed.

"What did he say?"

"He told me about Fifth Sector"

"Oh." Kimiko replied, disappointment in her voice.

"He says that he's been investigating things. He told me that there is some one behind the Holy Emperor who's controlling the whole thing."

"Yeah I've heard"

"How??" Her sister asked, surprised that she found out after Kimiko did.

"Tsurugi-kun told me."

"Tsurugi-kun? You mean Raimon's ace striker?"

"Yeah"

"He's kinda cute" Kimiko felt her face turning red. Luckily she was in her room alone, otherwise it would have been extremely embarrassing.

"What?"

"I'm only kidding"

"Lets get back to the Holy Emperor" Kimiko suggested, hoping to avoid the topic of Tsurugi.

"Don't try to change the subject" her sister replied, seeming to have caught on with Kimiko's intentions.

"Nee-san!"

"I'm just messing with you. Anyways, Nii-san said that the Holy Emperor is quite curious about you. Your sudden appearance in the Holy road tournament was something he wasn't expecting. He has people looking into your profile but Nii-san says they couldn't find much either. I think it must be because they know you as Ichinose Kimiko"

"Yeah. Ichinose got his friend or someone to cover up the records that link me to the Gouenji Family. Don't really know why he had to go through all that trouble though"

"Maybe because of everything going on with moving you back to Japan even though he wasn't your legal guardian and everything. He must have his reasons"

"But did you tell Onii-chan about me? Like how Ichinose-san adopted me and everything?"

"Um, yeah. He asked me to help him look into your profile as well or find you in person. He said he didn't know Ichinose adopted a kid and he was even more surprised that he got married to Aki-san."

"But we sent an invitation. How could he not know?"

"Maybe Fifth Sector is blocking out his contacts"

"Yea maybe that's why"

"He said he wanted me to find you and look after you because you were his friend's kid and he was afraid of what Fifth Sector might do if they found you first. I couldn't stand the fact that he was referring to you as just someone else. He deserves to know"

"So you told him our secret?"

After a moment of silence, she replied.

"Yeah... He was speechless at first. There was like total silence on the other end of the line. He didn't believe me, so I told him the story about how you got here and everything. He gave me explicit orders that you tell no one about who you really are. Otherwise both you and him could be in trouble if Fifth Sector finds out. He was really worried and he wants to meet you, Kimiko"

***

The team was back to training and everyone was pushing themselves to the limit in preparation for the nationals. However, Kimiko noticed something off between Kariya-kun and Kirino-san.