Chapter 44

"What was that!?" Aoi half whispered half screamed the instant the bus set off again.

"It hurts more to know that you know how I feel about Tsurugi-kun yet you act so close to him"

"I'm sorry. I should have thought about what you would have felt" Kimiko said. Though she didnt really feel sorry, she had to say it. She didnt want Aoi getting the wrong idea but at the same time, she didnt want to lie to her friend. Was it right to not tell Aoi that she was maybe developing feelings for the guy even if it was very minimal?

"Well I guess it wasnt all your fault and I probably seem really crazy and jealous. Sorry"

Kimiko just smiled weakly. Her mind was already thinking about Tsurugi. Was it possible that he had feelings for her? She decided to find an excuse to talk to Haruna-San so she told Aoi that she wanted to discuss some "stuff" about the Holy Road with Haruna.

Aoi didn't suspect anything so Kimiko rushed to the front to bus where the staff and teachers sat. She had forgotten to think that the nurse would also be sitting near the front and that meant Tsurugi would also be nearby.

When she reached the front of the bus, Haruna-San happened to be sitting in the same row with the nurse who was sitting beside Tsurugi. Kimiko quickly slipped into the aisle seat beside Haruna-San. She knew she couldn't discuss much because only the aisle separated her and Tsurugi.

"Haruna-neesan"

"Oh, Kimiko. What happened to your head?" She had noticed the now deep purple colored bruise.

"It's nothing much"

Nevertheless, Haruna-san asked for some cream from the nurse that was supposed to treat the bruise. The nurse handed the tube of cream to Tsurugi who was still having his leg treated. Then, Tsurugi handed the tube to her.

"Take good care of that head"

"I will" Kimiko said with a smile as she took the tube from him.

Turning back to Haruna, she asked

"Haruna-neesan I wanted to ask you some questions about the Holy Road"

"Sure. I'll tell you what I know"

"So how are the results so far?"

"I think we have only one or two more districts finishing up their finals. The nationals tournament should be starting not long after we get back from this camp"

"Oh I see. Do you know which schools are confirmed in the nationals right now?"

"Wait let me check"

"Umm the official website says we are still waiting for quite a number of teams but right now we have Genei Gakuen, Senbayama, Seidouzan, Gassan Kunimitsu and Kidokawa Seishuu"

"Wait wasn't Kidoukawa Seishuu oni-" Kimiko was too excited she forgot that she shouldn't be blurting such things out in public. To cover it up, she quickly continued

"-Gouenji Shuuya's old school?"

"Yes"

"I wonder if he will be the coach for that team. I want to meet Gouenji-San, I've heard lots of great things about him"

Haruna-San just smiled and it seemed her mind went wandering off in that direction because she went quiet for a moment.

"Haruna-San. There's another thing I wanted to talk to you about but not now"

"Sure, if you have any questions just come and ask"

"Thank you. I think I'll go back to my seat now or Aoi will get lonely"

As Kimiko turned her back to Haruna-San, she instantly tried to send hand signals to Tsurugi. Eventually Tsurugi caught it and just as Kimiko was about to walk down the aisle back to her seat, Tsurugi stopped her.

"Kimiko"

"Yeah?"

"Could you get me a juice box, I'm really thirsty and I cant move anywhere"

"Sure"

And she proceeded in walking down the aisle to the back of the bus where the food was being kept. She got two juice boxes, one apple and the other grape. which ever one Tsurugi chose, she would take the other.

As she walked down the aisle passed her own seat, Aoi noticed that she didn't come back to sit.

"Where are you going?" she asked out of curiosity.

"Oh umm... Haruna-san asked me to get her some juice"

"Oh. Quickly come back its getting boring here"

Kimiko smiled and went on her way. She decided it was better to not tell Aoi that it was Tsurugi who asked her for the drink.

"Which flavour do you want?" she asked Tsurugi handing them both to him.

"I'll take the apple" he said reaching for the apple juice.

"Hows your leg?"

"It's doing fine but it's probably going to take longer to heal than I thought. The cut is quiet deep"

"I'm sorry"

"Nah its fine. Accidents happen."

"I think I should be heading back now. See you around"