Chapter 2

The room the girl stayed in was very spacious. I didn't look like a hospital room but more like her bedroom.

"What brings the famous Ichinose Kazuya here anyways," asked the girl.

"I was curious about your family name. I'm a friend of Gouenji Shuuya," Ichinose told her. "Do you know him?"

"Of course I do, I've seen him on TV several times. I'm also curious myself if I'm related to him but no one from the hospital would tell me no matter how many times I ask," Kimiko said.

"Can you tell me about yourself? Like why your at this hospital? I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm interrogating you but your eyes remind me of him."

"I don't mind. It's nice to have someone to talk to apart from Julie anyways and besides, I don't have much of a story to tell," she giggled.

"Julie told me that my father brought me to this hospital almost 10 years ago and she was assigned as my personal nurse and everything. She is in charge of looking after me and checking up on my conditions. My father rarely comes to visit me because he told me he was a busy man. I am required to stay in the hospital grounds at all times until my condition is improved. But I have to refrain from any vigorous exercises and sports, including soccer." She sighed and continued.

"These past few years have been getting better and Julie said I can be discharged next month. I really excited to get back to Japan to meet my family since I've never met them before. Because I cant go to school, it's been awfully lonely and boring in here," Kimiko leaned in closer and whispered to me.

"Often when Julie isn't around I go outside and kick the ball around cause I just can't resist not being able to play soccer. Watching you on TV as well as Raimon urges me to get better so I can play. I hope I can join Raimon for my first year of junior high," she said and smiled wide.

"So that's how it is," Ichinose replies after hearing her story. "Can you tell me what your father's name is? If I have it, I might be able to help you find out more about your family."

"Gouenji Katsuya," the girl replied almost instantly, eager for Ichinose to help.

"I really appreciate your help Ichinose-san. I never thought my favorite soccer player would be helping me dig up my past."

"I'll try to call up one of my friends in Japan to ask for help," Ichinose told the girl.

He pulled his phone out of his pants pocket and dialed a familiar number. As a matter of fact, he was just thinking about her and this would be a great excuse to call her after so long. After a long while, a sweet voice came through from the other side.

"This is Kino Aki speaking"

***

Kino Aki is here! I've always adored this pair so I've decided to write about them too. If you have any suggestions for this chapter please tell me and don't forget to vote!! See you in the next chapter everyone :)