Chapter 58

At the end of the first half, Raimon was down by 2 points. Despite getting used to the field, Double Wing was unable to get through Absolute Barrier. They always managed to know which side the ball was going to and blocked the right side every time. The passing just wasn't fast enough.

Sangoku-san stopped Yukimura's Panther Blizzard the second time around but got blown away by his avatar shot. SEEDs tended to have better control of their avatars and Raimon was having an incredibly hard time keeping up.

Kimiko's eyes followed Yukimura as he walked off the field. He was an interesting character, but she felt pity for him. He believes that he was betrayed by Fubuki-san and she begin could imagine what kind of emotions must be rushing through him right now as he saw Fubuki-san sitting with the enemy.

Suddenly Kimiko felt a warm hand cover her eyes and spun her around.

"You shouldn't go around staring at other guys. It doesn't look good for you" came Tsurugi's voice as he lifted his hands from her eyes and placed his water bottle down on the bench.

Unexpectedly, a loud shout coming from the far end of the stadium prevented Tsurugi from continuing.

"Hey! Wait up a moment!"

Everyone looked in the direction of a teenage boy with a long ponytail running towards the field.

"Nishiki! You made it!" Shindou-san exclaimed.

"Sorry for being late! Nishiki Ryouma has arrived at the scene! I heard you guys were starting a revolution so I couldn't just sit around" he said as the other members rushed over to him.

"You have nothing to worry about now that I'm here!" he shouted proudly.

***

For the second half, Raimon changed their line up slightly. They put Nishiki in immediately as forward and proceeded with Double Wing with him and Tsurugi as the two mains. The new line up still didnt manage to break past Absolute Barrier, because turns out, Nishiki-san converted to a midfielder during his time training in Italy.

Suddenly, Hikaru-kun stood up and offered to try the position. With him and Tsurugi as the two mains, Raimon's Double Wing finally broke past Absolute Barrier for the first time. Turns out Hikaru-kun was a really fast learner and improver as well. This kid has got some big potential.

Just as they began to celebrate, Sangoku-san injured his hand and couldn't continue. Kidou-san decided to put Tenma in as goalkeeper instead. Turns out, it was for the better. The offence kept scoring goals now that Double Wing was complete and Tenma managed to stop Yukimura's avatar shot with his own avatar.

The second match in the Holy Road nationals tournament ended with Raimon as the winner, defeating Hakuren by a mere point with a winning score of 3-2.

Hakuren was freed from Fifth Sector and Fubuki talked things out with Yukimura-kun. He explained that he never intended to betray his players but he was forced out of Hakuren by Fifth Sector agents.

After the match, Kimiko noticed Fubuki-san and Endou-san talking in private.

This is not the end of the fight. There must be something more going on.

***

After the match, they had dinner together with Fubuki-san and some of Hakuren's players at Rairaiken. They got the chance to make new friends and Tenma couldn't shut up about the match.