Chapter 36

The morning after the match against Teikoku, the team was required to go back there again.

"Something bad must really be happening to us this time" Hayami-san wondered aloud.

The atmosphere of the school was eerie and suspicious, it sent chills down Kimiko's spine. Who knows what punishment they might receive from Fifth Sector especially because Teikoku was affiliated with them.

They travelled along the walkway until they reached an elevator where they met Sakuma-san and if Kimiko was not mistaken, Teikoku's goalkeeper. Sakuma-san led them into a very narrow elevator where all of them had to cram inside. Kimiko was squished between the doors of the elevator and some of the managers.

She had her back leaning against the door when it suddenly opened, causing her to lose balance. She fell backwards and tried to grab onto something to hold onto to break the fall. Thats when her hand found someone else's sticking out from the crowd of people. She guessed it must have been one of the soccer players because the person had a strong grip and the managers were already making their way out of the lift so it couldn't possibly have been them. If Endou-san wasn't so far away, she would have guessed it was him.

It was only when most of the other people had left when she realized who the boy holding her hand was. Looking into his eyes, she knew something clicked. He helped her into an upright position, which pulled her even closer to him. They were standing so close, all she could see were his eyes. Kimiko felt almost as if she was lost in his eyes until Endou-san's sound rang through the hallway and broke their moment.

"Kimi-chan! Tsurugi-kun! Try not to fall behind or you'll get lost" Endou-san joked.

"Be careful next time" Tsurugi said before walking out of the elevator followed by a stunned Kimiko.

The door at the end of the hallway seemed extremely suspicious. It was a small metal sliding door that could only be reached by the hallway that came from the elevator with a card scanner at to the side. It must have also meant that many people didnt know about the room behind the door, underneath the school.

Even though Kimiko was at the back of the line, she could hear the commotion up at the front of the line once the door had opened up. The sounds urged Kimiko to squeeze through the crowd to get a better look at whatever was inside the room. As she pushed to the very front, she began to visualize the familiar faces of Coach Kudou, Hiroto-san and Midorikawa-san who she had seen at the wedding, Kidou-san and a few other elder men who she didnt recognised.

"It's been a while Endou" she heard Hiroto-san say.

"Hiroto! Midorikawa! Coach Kudou! Coach Hibiki! What is going on?"

"We are the resistance" Kidou explained.

"Sorry we couldnt tell you anything earlier. We wanted it to look like Raimon had started up this revolutionary wind on its own"

The resistance? How come oniichan isnt here?

Kimiko wanted to ask so badly but she knew she shouldnt be exposing her secret in a place like this. She made a mental note to talk to Kidou-san about her brother after they left.

He might even know a few things about her oniichan or about Lawyer Hideyoshi the topics were even related in the first place.

There were so many things Kimiko was worried about right now, but the most important thing she needed to be focusing on was the upcoming match. It was the finals of the Kanto district and if they won, they'd be going to the nationals. Saturday was a big day and even though Kimiko knew she wouldnt be playing in it, she was still excited.

***

The waves crashed into the shores, bringing with it a new opponent. The fearsome pirates of the seas possess great strength and power and a dark secret.

***

Tsurugi laid in bed staring up at the ceiling as usual. It was nearly midnight and the house was still as quiet as ever - his parents weren't back yet. Despite the time, Tsurugi couldn't fall asleep because his mind was wandering somewhere else. Back in the elevator with her. Tsurugi sighed. He could still feel his heart beating quickly just thinking about it.

Please vote and comment to show your support!