Chapter 15

Exciting things were about to happen. It would be the first official day as part of Raimon's soccer club and Tenma could wait a second longer to get out of the classroom.

The four of them dashed out of the first year classroom the instant the bell rang. Down the corridor, over the bridge and around the corners they went. When they made it inside the club room, no one was there yet.

When the second years slowly made their way in to the club room, they bowed greet their seniors. When all members were present, Haruna-san had the new members introduced themselves.

"Umm...I'm Mat-Matsukaze Te-Tenma" Tenma stuttered nervously.

"I'm Nishizono Shinsuke, my position is defender, hope we have a good year"

Then it was the managers' turn.

"I'm Sorano Aoi. Nice to meet you"

"I'm Yamana Akane"

"Seto Midori"

"I'm Ichinose Kimiko. Nice to meet everyone" Kimiko noticed that upon hearing her name, Coach Kudou looked at her.

Coach must have know Ichinose-san since he was the Coach for Inazuma Japan and they fought against Ichinose-san's team before.

***

Tenma and Shinsuke were given their new Raimon uniform and practice begun. Afterwards, the team gathered back in the club room. They were told about the next match they were playing at the end of the week. It was against Eito and the score had been fixed. 3-0 Raimon's loss (This part Tenma and Shinsuke didn't know about).

The new comers had no idea about the system and how soccer had changed. Kimiko on the other hand knew exactly what was going on. Yuuka had told her everything she knew about Fifth Sector and how they decided the scores before he match even starts.

Kimiko wished she could do something to help the team from this nightmare, but nothing could be done, at least not now, she had to wait for the right moment.

***

The first week in Raimon passed by so quickly and Friday was approaching. That meant math test, vocabulary test, starting of the science project, and the match with Eito tomorrow.

The math test and the vocabulary test wasn't a problem for Kimiko, she had spent time after soccer practice to study. What she was worried about was the science project and the upcoming match.

When it was time for science class, Kimiko and Aoi who were now close friends took their regular seats in the lab and waited for the classroom to fill up. The class started off with the teacher explaining about the science project passing handout sheets for everyone to look at.

__________________________________________________

Details for the science project

(Due next week Friday)

The science project will be done in pairs.

Each pair will be assigned a topic to research about and must also find a case study of someone who diagnosed with the illness each pair receives.

The information must be presented in the form of a presentation which will be given in front of the class next Friday.

Things you might consider researching

Cause of illness

Mode of transmission

Signs and Symptoms

Prevention/control/cure

__________________________________________________

"Any questions?" The teacher asked when he finished explaining. A few hands went up asking about the duration of the presentation, wether we would have time to do the project in class, etc.

"If you have anymore questions, feel free to look for me at my office after school. I'm here until 4:30"

"Now, it's time to get into your groups" students started to talk and chat among themselves already starting to pair themselves up quietly with their friends. However, the teacher announced that for the first project of the semester, he would be the one picking the groups and the students would get their topics through a lucky draw.

"Alright students, for the groupings, I will be going through the name list and pair you by your first names"

"First, Sorano Aoi and Okimoto Akira"

So he's listing the first names by alphabetical order and pairing us from that.

He kept going down the list and pair after pair was called. Not long after, he neared Kimiko's name.

"Kimura Haruto and Kouda Hanako"

"Yakumo Ibuki and Koyama Jun"

"Ichinose Kimiko and Tsurugi Kyousuke"

The teacher kept going down the list but Kimiko's thoughts had wandered elsewhere. Wait a minute, Tsurugi Kyousuke?!

Tsurugi and Kimiko end up having to work on the science project together. How are things going to turn out between them?

Will this be a chance for Kimiko to find Tsurugi's soft side or will it make her view him worse than she already does. Also, what topic will they be doing? Will Kimiko end up having to do everything on her own?