Chapter 37

Friday's training generally went horribly. The team's spirit was down again. If it wasnt for the shard of hope, they would have given up. Tenma was starting to show signs of bringing out an avatar and Tsurugi offered to train him. Aoyama-kun and Ichino-kun had also came back to the team.

Both new comers became part of the first rank team right away due to the lack of members so they worked very hard to catch up with the rest of the team.

Just as things were looking good, Hayami-san suddenly went into depression and started being extremely negative about everything. The team was effected by that slightly but what brought the team down significantly was finding out that their opponent, Kaiou was a team entirely made up of seeds.

***

Friday evenings at the hospital became a tedious routine for Kimiko. She was starting to get bored of the constant check ups and admissions. If it wasnt for Taiyou-kun who cheered her up every time, she would probably forget ever coming at all.

Taiyou and Kimiko sat in her room eating dinner together. It had been less than a month that the two had known each other but they were already so close, it was almost like family.

"How are things going so far? You still getting nightmares?"

"They havent been coming back very often lately so its much less scary now. Thank you for all your help"

"Nah. It was nothing"

"The finals are tomorrow and the team is messed up. I'm worried" Kimiko sighed.

"Im sure they will do fine. Raimon will always make it, I'm sure"

"I wish there was something I could do to help but I really shouldn't be playing anymore matches"

"Don't strain yourself. Follow the doctor's advice and take a break for a while"

"It's easier said than done"

"Kaiou won't be an easy opponent for Raimon. Just as challenging as Teikoku if not more. A whole team of seeds is impressive"

"Yeah. Our team only has two people who can use their avatars and Shindou-senpai's avatar isn't so stable"

"I wonder what the Holy Emperor is thinking. An entire team of seeds? That's crazy"

"Holy Emperor?"

"You don't know about him?"

"No.."

"Well I guess you wouldn't because he hasn't shown himself yet in this tournament, but I'll assure you that he will in the nationals"

"So who is he? Sounds like an important person"

"The Holy Emperor is the one 'managing' soccer. He makes the commands, distributes seeds to each school and is in charge of Fifth Sector over all. One of the teams participating this year, Seidouzan, is said to be coached by the Holy Emperor himself"

"My school is also under Fifth Sector's control and he Holy Emperor is paying for my hospital fees, from what my dad has told me"

"He seems like a good person but bad at the same time. I don't understand what his intentions are in taking care of your hospital fees"

"I've meet him a few times. He seems the friendly type to me. What I don't get is why he wants to control soccer. Maybe because of some grudge he's had in the past?"

"That could be a reason. I think I'll try finding out more"

"Fifth Sector probably has everything covered up. You wouldn't find much"

"That's not gonna stop me from trying"

They both at in silence for a while before Taiyou spoke again.

"Oh yea, what about your father's issue? Have you heard anything from Yuuka-san yet?"

***

"Kimi-chan, can you drop by the condo today after school?" Yuuka-nee said over the phone.

After school that day, Kimiko rushed out of the school and made her way to the apartment. She had hope that Yuuka-nee had news about oniichan. But when she reached, she was slightly disappointed.

Yuuka-nee was sitting at the dinning table with a blond stranger who looked vaguely familiar. The man wore police uniform and had some documents spread all over the table. Seemed like something big was going on.

Turns out, the man was Masato-san, Yuuka-nee's cousin, the one she had been talking to on the phone regarding the issue about Lawyer Hideyoshi. Maybe they were discussing this issue.

Kimiko was invited to sit down and Masato-san introduced himself to her officially. He said that he was quite surprised to discover he had another cousin.

Then, he began to explain what the documents on the table were.

"Ive checked a few events that happened on the same day Lawyer Hideyoshi passed away. There were a few of them that caught my attention so I decided to look into them a little further"

Masato-san passed a few document to Kimiko. There were some newspapers, pictures and some official records she didn't quite understand.

"I was just explaining to your sister that on the same day Lawyer Hideyoshi died, a drug gang was arrested. I'm not quite sure wether it relates but it might explain why he was shot. But what I don't understand is why your father would have anything to do with a drug gang in the first place. So for now, just keep this information in mind incase it comes in handy later on. All this happened on the exact same day your father was admitted in the hospital."

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and commenttt :)