Chapter 50

A big sigh of relief escaped from Kimiko a mouth as she capped her purple, correction, Aoi's purple marker and folded Tsurugi's letter up neatly.

"Writing those letters must have been a big burden. Looks like someone's really glad to finally finish" Tsurugi teased.

"Well it's not my fault someone was so hard to write to"

Oops I shouldn't have mentioned that..

"I wonder who that might be"

Kimiko kept quiet as she walked towards the table where all the envelopes were placed disorderedly in piles and jumbles.

"Need some help?"

"It's alright. I'll manage. Maybe you should put your letters in first"

"Mine won't take long but looks like yours will. How many people did you even write to?" Tsurugi asked as he gestured to the handful of letters Kimiko was holding.

"Don't judge. I have plenty of friends I need to write to" Kimiko purposely emphasized. "Unlike certain people" she whispered loud enough for Tsurugi to hear.

"Ouch that hurt" he said clutching his chest dramatically.

"I wasn't necessarily saying it to you. You didn't have to act all hurt"

"Well if it wasn't for me then who was it for?"

"It could have been for anyone"

"Right... totally believable" Tsurugi snorted.

"Well you don't have anything to worry about. Friend or no friend, you'll still be getting stacks of letters"

"Why's that?"

"Haven't you noticed the herds of fan girls drooling all over you and following you everywhere you go?"

"Do I sense some jealousy there?" Tsurugi smirked.

"Nope, no jealousy here"

"You know Kimiko, it's never good to lie"

"Omg, I had no idea you were this type"

"What type would that be?"

"Arghhhh"

"This is the real Tsurugi Kyousuke"

By now, Kimiko was done inserting all the letters into the correct envelopes except for Tsurugi's. she couldn't seem to find his anywhere.

"Who's envelope are you looking for?"

"No one's" Kimiko lied, "just trying to be a helpful person and arrange the envelopes"

"I'll help too"

"It's fine really" Kimiko said hoping he would walk away so she could get the chance to freely look for his envelope.

"No, I insist"

Even after they managed to arrange every single envelope in an orderly fashion, Kimiko couldn't seem to spot Tsurugi's anywhere. Confusion was etched on her face but she didn't dare say anything because she knew he would just answer with another one of his annoying comments.

"Seems like you didn't find what you were looking for"

"I wasn't looking for anything" she said trying to brush it off.

Tsurugi completely ignored what she had just said and continued, "if it's my envelope your looking for you probably wouldn't find it there"