Chapter 35

Tsurugi trudged along the road brooding about Kimiko. He never though all this mushy stuff could be so poisonous. Now, he understood why multiple characters in the movies often go through depression or even result to suicide after break-ups.

Tsurugi was starting to see the effects of jealousy on his mind and how it made his go slightly crazy just thinking about Kimiko being with someone else.

Making his way down his usual path, Tsurugi thought and thought about his next move. If he didnt act quickly, he might just loose the only person who understood him best, forever.

Before he knew it, he was nearing his house. He reached into the right pocket of his pants and pulled out a single silver key to his front door. He opened his gate and walked to the front door, inserted the key and twisted it until he heard the click.

As usual, Tsurugi opened the front door of his home and entered his house quietly. He quickly switched on the lights which were conveniently in reach and tossed his jacket onto the empty coat hanger. He left his soccer bag in the corridor and proceeded immediately to his room on the second floor.

Ever since his brother was hospitalized, Tsurugi always cane home to a quiet and empty house. It felt cold and abandoned. His parents were so busy working their heads off to find money for his brother's hospital bills they often came home too late and left home too early. That meant, Tsurugi was home alone almost all of the time. Except today, his home felt colder and more lonely than ever before. Maybe his heart felt so cold inside, he could barely gain any warmth from even the sheets and blankets on his bed. Nothing could give him warmth now, all except maybe Kimiko...

But then again, Kimiko was with this other 'Taiyou' guy or at least thats what it seemed like. He laid flat on his bed staring at the ceiling with his legs folded upright and his hands under his head. Homework was something he never bothered to do because it just wasnt in his interest and he wasnt exactly the teacher's favorite, so he didnt have any expectations to live up to.

After lying around staring in to space for an hour at the least, he decided it was getting late. I might as well go and get some dinner.

Making his way out of house, Tsurugi took in a deep breath of the cool evening air as the sky around him began to turn dark. In the distance he could see Rairaiken's sign shining brightly in the darkness.

As he opened the door to the small restaurant, the tiny bell rung to signal his entrance. A single woman was sitting in the restaurant talking to the owner with purple hair, Tobitaka-san from what he remembered. When the woman turned to see who had just entered, he was a little taken back. Otonoshi-sensei?

"Tsurugi-kun!"

"Oh I remember you, what would you like today?" after coming here with Kimiko that one time, Tsurugi often visited the restaurant for some late night meals. This time however, he came for a proper dinner.

"The usual" Tsurugi replied bluntly.

While Tobitaka-san got busy making Tsurugi's dinner, Haruna-san invited him to sit down with her. To be honest, she wanted to get to know Tsurugi better. He was such a mysterious and dark character but somewhere inside, she could sense that he had a heart, a big one too.

"The finals are coming up and we'll be needing your help to score some goals!"

Tsurugi simply nodded. He wasn't in the mood right now to talk about soccer because all there was on his mind was the girl he was about to lose. Seeing that Tsurugi remained quiet, Haruna-san asked,

"Is everything ok?"

Tsurugi was very tempted to tell her the whole story. Everything. Because apart from his niisan, he's never had any parents to turn to for support. No one there to ask him about school or nag him about homework. That was just the life he never lived. Thats why he felt like he needed someone to be this motherly or fatherly figure. Someone who could be there for him in his times of need or misery.

Maybe Otonashi-sensei could be the one? She seemed trustworthy and reliable but he wasn't sure how far his trust extended.

"Nothing's wrong" Tsurugi said just as Tobitaka finished preparing his dinner.

"I'm sure there must be something on your mind. I've seen that kind of face several times before"

Tsurugi remained quiet.

"Its interesting to see how all heartbroken guys look the exact same way when they're upset" Otonashi-sensei said with a giggle.

The strand of noodle slipped from his chopsticks and plopped back into the bowl of soup. Tsurugi turned to face the soccer club's counsellor who slowly sipped her drink, with a perplexed look on his face.

When Otonashi-sensei saw his expression, she laughed.

"Come on, I've been the manger of soccer teams all throughout my school years and now I'm a club counsellor. Ive seen so many heartbroken guys come to ask me for help. I'm a club counsellor for a reason you know"

"Seriously, if you ever have troubles with a girl, you can always come and ask me" she said proudly.

To be honest, the fact that Otonashi-san knew excatly what was on his mind still utterly confused Tsurugi. But it also made him feel more comfortable to talk to her.

"Trust me kid, this woman knows what she's doing" Tobitak-san added, directing all the attention to him.

"She's saved so many guys from heartbreaks, even the all famous Gouenji Shuuya"

Dont forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapterrr :)