Chapter 56

Im extremely sorry that I havent written anything in a super long time. My schedule is quite packed and I havent been able to find time to write.  I'll try my best to update as often as possible.

***

"How did I do today?" Tsurugi asked as he and Kimiko walked along the sidewalks leading to the hospital together.

"I thought you were amazing. That winning shot was fantastic."

It was nearly dark when they finally reached the hospital.

"Meet me at niisan's room when you're done?"

"Sure"

***

"Your health is improving well. If through out this month nothing goes wrong, I'll call up Ichinose-san and tell him you no longer have to come. Hows that sound?"

"Great! Thank you" Kimiko said with a large smile plastered on her face.

Kimiko quickly rushed out of the room and slipped into the elevator. She was excited to tell Tsurugi and Taiyou the great news. Now that she thought of it, she never introduced Tsurugi to Taiyou and vice versa.

"How was it?" Tsurugi asked as he pushed away from the wall when he saw Kimiko emerge from the elevator.

"Good news, the doctor says I don't have to come for checkups anymore if I get better within this month"

"Thats great!"

A familiar voice made Kimiko turn around from the way she had just come from.

"Kimiko!"

"Omg, Taiyou! Its been so long" Kimiko shouted as she ran into his open arms.

"I saw your match. Raimon was great"

"Thanks" Kimiko said as they pulled away from each other.

"Eh? Who's this?" Taiyou asked as he looked over to where Tsurugi was standing.

"Oh, Taiyou, this is Tsurugi-"

"Raimon's ace striker! Its an honour to meet you. Kimiko talks about you all the time" Taiyou exclaimed as he walked over to Tsurugi's direction and shook his hand enthusiastically.

"Nice to meet you" Tsurugi said with a dry smile.

"I'm Amemiya Taiyou, Kimiko's friend"

"Well, Kimiko and I were about to leave so I guess you two can catch up later" Tsurugi decided and grabbed Kimiko's hand while he dragging her after him. Kimiko looked back to see Taiyou standing there with a look of confusion on his face.

"Sorry" Kimiko mouthed and used her free hand to wave goodbye.

***

"Why did we leave so early? I didn't even get to say hi to your brother yet"

"Never mind that. We can come back another time"

"You and Taiyou were just getting along, why did we just leave like that?"

Tsurugi stopped in his tracks and turned Kimiko around to face him.