Chapter 11

School.

That was the word every child hated, because school meant no more free time but work, work and more work. Long hours listening to the teacher's lectures was like a nightmare. Every child would sit in the classes watching the hands of the clock tick by and waited for the bell to ring each day.

Kimiko on the other hand was excited beyond words to go to school. After all, she's never been to one before. The thought teachers, classes, friends and most importantly, the soccer club, lit her day up like fireworks.

"Kimiko, have you got all your things?"

"Yes, Ichinose-san"

"Alright, good luck on your first day!"

"Thank you. I promise to behave" she said with a smile and gave Ichinose and Aki a hug. To her, they were more like elder siblings looking after her than her parents. They only had 10 years difference of age after all.

"We'll get going now" called Tenma and the the two of them left for school together.

***

The cherry blossoms drifted gracefully in the wind, indicating the start of a new school year. As the two first years approached the school gate, they got all excited. They talked about joining the soccer club and how Tenma would join as a player and she would join as a manager.

Since they were significantly early and the orientation wouldn't start in almost two hours, the two decided to take a walk around the school. That's when they stumbled upon the old club room.

"This must be where the soccer club is"

"Yeah, I wonder if the soccer team is inside" Tenma wondered reaching for the door.

"Kimi-chan! Your here!" came a voice, stopping from Tenma in his tracks.

"Haruna-neesan!" Kimiko often called her that now that they were closer and she would call her Kimi-chan.

Since the day of the wedding, Haruna had already told Kimiko that she worked as a counselor for the club so there was no need for Otonashi to introduce herself to Kimiko. That was a different story for Tenma on the other hand.

"Who are you? How do you know Kimiko?" Tenma asked thinking he was the only one who knew her.

"I'm Otonashi Haruna, counselor of the Raimon soccer club and a friend of Ichinose and Aki"

"Ehhh!? The soccer club's counselor?"

"Haruna-neesan, this is Tenma. He lives in Aki-neesan's apartment next to my room" Kimiko introduced Tenma to her. "We were interested in joining the soccer club so we came to see if the team was here"

"Soccer club? But your sister told me you are prohibited from playing intensive sports. And the soccer club isn't here anymore. This building is only left as a memorial. The soccer club has a building now over there" Haruna said pointing in the directions of one of the school buildings.

"You know about Kimiko's sister?" Tenma asked as he thought only he, Ichinose and Aki knew about it.

That made them have to take a step back and make sure everyone was on the same track with the same understanding of each other.

Now, Tenma understood of Kimiko's encounter with Haruna at the wedding and how she had to change her name to 'Ichinose Kimiko'. While Haruna understood that Tenma was the only child who knew Kimiko's true identity, which they promised to keep from other people.

Once both sides understood each other well, Haruna offered to take them to see the soccer building and introduce them to the soccer team. On their way, they passed the soccer field and intended to stop there first.

"They should be practicing right now" she had said.

As they approached the soccer field, they realized that something was awfully wrong. The sight on the field gave a shock to all three of them. Raimon's second rank team was on the ground covered in injuries, unable to get up. In the middle of the field stood a single boy.

He had navy blue, spiky hair. He wore long purple pants and a red shirt with a purple jacket as a cape.

Kimiko could feel his dark aura even though she was so far away. She could feel as if the darkness from inside his was consuming every little bit of her. His red ruby eyes were scorching her skin but at the same time, they were cold enough to freeze her insides.

How could a single boy cause so much trouble? Who was he and what was he?

The bad boy Tsurugi Kyousuke finally makes his appearance! But after causing so much trouble on his first day, what will the other students think of him?

Thank you so much for reading my story. I really appreciate it. My school will be starting on Monday so I'm going to be very busy starting from then. That means I won't be updating as often but I will try to get a new chapter in every Saturday/Sunday :)