Chapter 57

"Hey Kimiko" Tsurugi piped up as they were doing some practice questions for the upcoming finals.

"Yeah?"

"About that letter you got during the camp, do you know who gave it to you?"

"Nope. I mean like there could be so many people cause almost everyone calls me by my first name"

"Well it must be someone you're close to right? Otherwise they wouldn't write something like this to you"

"It could be Miyazaki-kun" Kimiko suggested.

"What? Why would you think it's him?"

"I don't know. Who else could it be?"

"I don't think it's him"

"You speak as if you know who wrote it"

Tsurugi went quiet, causing Kimiko to look up from her book.

"Wait. You do know don't you?"

"Maybe?"

"Who is it?"

"You figure it out yourself. Thats the reason why its in a riddle in the first place. If I just tell you it wouldn't be fun"

"Fine. I'll do it without your help."

***

"Our next opponent for the nationals will be Haukren Junior High" Aoi-chan announced the next day before practice.

Hakuren? Isn't that Fubuki-san's old school?

Kimiko remembered being introduced to Fubuki Shirou-san at Ichinose-san's wedding. Ace striker of the north and oniichan's old teammate.

"It says here that the trainer for Hakuren is Fubuki-san. Theres still hope." Shindou-san declared happily.

"Fubuki Shirou from Inazuma Japan!?" Tenma asked excitedly.

"Yeah, he was a close friend who player on Endou-san and Trainer Kidou's team"

"Then we might actually get to play a real game this time!"

"Yeah"

***

During practice, everyone worked the hardest they could, with Hikaru-kun cheering at the sidelines. Hakuren was a strong team and everyone couldn't afford to lose just yet.

"Fubuki?" came Endou-san's voice as he noticed the man standing by the pitch.

"It's been a while everyone" said Fubuki-san.

"It really is you"

"So this is Fubuki Shirou-san!?" Tenma shouted with excitement.

"I was worried about you Fubuki. I heard you were removed from your position as Hakuren's trainer and then went missing"

Fubuki smiled dryly.

"Hakuren has fallen into the hands of Fifth Sector. They secretly infiltrated Hakuren and by the time I realised, nearly all the players were under Fifth Sector's control. I was declared as a rebel to the Holy Emperor and was forced out of the school. But there are still good players in there. I want to save them" Fubuki-san explained.

"We'll help you. We will win Hakuren and free them from Fifth Sector" Shindou-san announced.

"Thank you so much Raimon. But, defeating Hakuren will be hard for you as you are right now. Unless you can break down Absolute Barrier, you cannot win"