Chapter 32

Kimiko couldn't actually believe Tsurugi had actually come back. He must have made his decision. But what about his brother? Kimiko felt slightly bad since she might have been the reason why Tsurugi chose to help Raimon by sacrificing the money for his brother's surgery.

With Tsurugi on the field, Raimon's plays seemed to miraculously improve within seconds. The belief to win and self esteem really played a huge part in these nerve wracking competitions. Tsurugi had brought up the spirit of the whole team and managed to complete Ultimate Thunder with them.

It tore through Teikoku's defence and landed in the goal with Tenma's new hissatsu shot, Mach Wind. Raimon's second goal was scored by Shinsuke's Full Throttle Jump that he finally managed to complete with the help and training for his seniors. Lastly, Tsurugi used Death Drop to score the goal that took Raimon to the finals with a close win of 3-2.

All three goals that game were scored by all of Raimon's first years. The new wind blowing through Raimon was a strong one and not just big talk.

***

"Tsurugi!" Kimiko called as she handed him an extra bottle of water.

"Thank you" he said with a smile as he accepted the bottle of water. His hand brushing past her's as he reached for it.

His cheeks burned redder than normal. It must be really hot, I mean why else would my cheeks turn red.

"You were really good. Thank you so much for coming back. Without you Raimon wouldn't have this chance"

Without noticing it, Tsurugi's cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. Luckily, Kimiko didn't notice it either.

"I should thank you and the team for letting me come back"

"But is this really ok? What about your brother?"

"I've talked things out with him. Turns out, he never wanted the money for the surgery. He just wanted me to continue on with our dream to play soccer"

"Then does that mean your brother won't be getting the money anymore?"

"Yeah, but its ok, as long as my brother is happy"

"Well it's good you are back. You are officially a member of Raimon now"

"Welcome to the team" Kimiko said joyfully and stuck her hand out.

Tsurugi looked at it hesitating to shake it. He wanted to but he didn't. He was confused. But why? Why am I so confused over shaking her hand? I'm glad that I'm finally accepted into the team, so why can't I shake it? Or is it because it's her hand?

"Don't leave me hanging" Kimiko said, bringing Tsurugi away from his thoughts.

"Oh, sorry" and he took her hand and shook it with a friendly gesture trying his best not to be awkward. The touch of her hand could have made his heart melt if it was made of chocolate. Luckily it wasn't, otherwise he wouldn't have a heart left.

What broke their little "moment" was the arrival of Kidou Yuuto and Sakuma Jirou.

"Very well played Endou. Raimon's spirit still remains just as strong as ever. Congratulations on making it to the finals"

The thing about Kidou was you could never tell wether he was happy of sad because you could never tell if his eyes were smiling or not.

"Kidou" Endou -san said with a serious tone. It must have been because of their talk the other day. Endou-san wasn't happy that Kidou-san was with Fifth Sector and everything. Even Kimiko doubted Kidou-san at one point.

"Can we talk?" Endou-san asked gesturing Kidou to follow him in the other direction.

When they were out of anyone else's audible range, Endou started speaking.

"I don't understand. Why are you working with Fifth Sector?"

***

After the match, everyone each made their ways back home. Since Tsurugi was going to the hospital, Kimiko asked to tag along. Ever since the nightmare, she didn't dare to go the hospital alone, not to mention confronting Taiyou.

They both made their ways to the fourth floor to visit Yuuichi-san, who congratulated both of them for the wonderfully played game.

"Tenma-kun was it? He's a good player. If you don't stay focused, he'll end up stealing your position" Tsurugi smiled to himself. Kimiko was silently glad that they finally found understanding in one another.

She decided it would be better to give the brothers some time alone together, so she excused herself. But that wasn't the only reason she wanted to be excused. Above all, she wanted to see Taiyou, but she was still afraid. Afraid that when she opens the door of his room, she'll see his lifeless body on the ground and the white marble floor dyed a dark shade of maroon.

Pictures of his dead body kept popping up wherever she went and whenever her mind was free. Sometimes even when her mind was going crazy with all the school related assignments and issues associating with the soccer team.

Her thoughts of Taiyou brought her down the hallway to Taiyou's room without her realising it. Kimiko decided that she would have to meet Taiyou sooner or later and if she could see with her own eyes that Taiyou was alright, maybe the ghoulish images would make their way out of her head.

It was now or never.