Chapter 47

I updated more than one chapter today. Please read the chapters in order.

***

The students were allowed to grab some snacks and were dismissed back to their rooms. They had around 2 and a half hours before lights out - plenty of time after showering to chat and play games quietly. For Kimiko, that meant lots of time to talk to Haruna-San and clear things up with Aoi.

Kimiko noticed that Aoi was still having snacks with Saki-chan and Mayumi-chan so she quickly made her way back to her room and took a shower before Aoi got back. She successfully managed to do so and proceeded on with going over to the opposite room to talk to Haruna-San.

Luck seemed to be on Kimiko's side today because everything went by very smoothly. The nurse wasn't back in her room yet but Haruna-San was.

"Haruna-neesan"

"Kimi-chan, what brings you here? If you need more medicine for that head you're gonna have to wait because the nurse hasn't come back yet"

"No actually, I have something to talk to you about"

"Ohh that you were mentioning in the car?"

"Yeah. I really need someone to talk to right now"

Haruna-San was more than just any adult or any counselor, she was almost like a sister to her. After all, she was her brother's girlfriend.

"Come in first and we can talk"

Kimiko followed Haruna-San into the room that looked similar to her own. Haruna sat down on the bed and patted the space beside her as a way of telling Kimiko to sit down.

"So what do you want to talk to me about?"

"About Aoi"

"Aoi-chan? Something happen between you two? A fight between best friends is never good"

Kimiko nodded slowly. Haruna-San seemed to know everything that was on her mind.

"So what happen? What did you fight about?"

Kimiko was quiet for a moment because her next answer would mean breaking the promise she gave to Aoi about keeping her secret quiet and it would mean exposing her own secret which she had kept quiet about for so long.

"We fought over something. Actually 'someone'"

"Friends fighting over one guy I'm guessing? I never knew you liked anyone"

"I just realized I did only recently"

"I'm starting to wonder who the guy my Kimi-chan fell for is" Haruna-San said with a smile.

"It's-" a knock at the door cut her off and a boy with navy blue hair walked in.

"Tsurugi..."

"Tsurugi?" Haruna-San whispered. Kimiko nodded subtly but enough for Haruna-San to receive the message.

She almost let out a laugh when she looked up to see Tsurugi entering the room. What kind of coincidence was this, she wondered to herself. She tried her best to hold in a smile as she spoke.

"Tsurugi-kun, looking for the nurse?"

"Yes"

"Umm I'll go look for her, you wait here first"

"I'll be right back" Haruna-San said as she turned to face Kimiko and smiled.

On her way out she winked to Tsurugi to signal him about Kimiko. Haruna-San realized she needed to help both the kids and she thought it would be best if she could help them get together. Haruna-San smiled to herself, satisfied as she walked out of the room.

Tsurugi quietly came into the room and sat down on the bed facing opposite to Kimiko. They both had their heads down and the air in the room was heavy. There was a stagnant silence until Tsurugi whispered something.

"I'm sorry"

"What?"

"I've done something wrong haven't I. That's why you're mad at me and trying to avoid me"

"I'm not mad at you but there are just somethings better left unsaid"

Then the silence took over again and both sat looking down at floor. A long while later, Haruna-San came back with the nurse. When she noticed the long faces on both children, she knew something was up so she left the nurse to treat Tsurugi's leg and asked to talk to Kimiko personally outside the room.

They found a nice bench by the swimming pool to sit on before they started getting into their conversation.

"So, Tsurugi huh?" Haruna-San teased. Kimiko let out a small laugh.

"Yea. But Aoi already called dibs"

"No way. Kids these days call dibs on guys?"

"Apparently.."

"Does she know you like him?"

"Nope. I didn't dare to say anything after she called dibs cause then it would be strange. The seniors also agreed to help get Aoi and Tsurugi together so it's not like I can really say anything about this"

"I think you should talk to Aoi and open up with her. Then it would depend on who Tsurugi would chose. I think that's more fair"

"Thanks Haruna-neesan"

"If you ever need anything else just ask alright? I'm going to head inside first, I haven't taken a shower yet" she said with a laugh.

"Goodnight Haruna-neesan"

"Goodnight Kimi-chan"

As Haruna-San turned to leave she was quite shocked to see a pair of familiar ocean blue eyes looking into hers.

"Aoi-chan?"