Chapter 45

DAY 1

It was around 11 when they reached the resort, so they had lunch which had already been prepared for them and was ready to be devoured by the ravenous students. At around 12, they all headed into the main hall where they spilt into their smaller groups.

The students sat in their groups and talked as they waited for the resort to bring in the room keys for everyone. The room was filled with sound of giggles and laughs. Since they weren't allowed to use their phones or electronic devices, some even started playing cards.

As the room keys came, students slowly made their way out to their rooms one by one. The building they were staying in was divided into two sides by a stone pathway. The boys stayed on the right side and girls on the left. One of the big rules in this camp was "STUDENTS MUST NOT ENTER ROOMS OF THE OPPOSITE GENDER"

It was one of the most serious rules. Break it and the everyone gets punished. The students were given half an hour to settle in their rooms before having to head back to the main hall for the subsequent activities.

Aoi and Kimiko made their was to their room; the first room closest to the stone pathway on the girl side. It was very convenient. The room beside them was Saki-chan and Mayumi-chan and across from them was Haruna-san and the nurse, Noriko-san. Kimiko thought it would be very convenient if she needed to talk to Haruna-san now that their rooms were right across from each other and she could just make an excuse to go to the nurse if she needed to.

Aoi and Kimiko quickly made themselves at home and lazed out for a while before heading back to the main hall. On their way out, Tsurugi and Miyazaki-kun, his roommate were also coming out so they went together. Kimiko tried to fall behind and had Aoi walk in front with Tsurugi and Miyazaki-kun so she wouldnt have anything to blame Kimiko about. Tsurugi's leg seemed to be getting better by the minute because he could walk on his own now but he was still limping slightly. Kimiko could tell he was in quite a lot of pain.

Occasionally, Kimiko noticed that Tsurugi was looking back in her direction as if he wanted to ask her something. She tried her best to ignore it because every time Tsurugi looked back, so would Aoi. He seemed to catch on that Kimiko had no intention of walking faster or of talking to him so he stopped looking back. Aoi tried to start several conversations with him but every time, Tsurugi would answer curtly almost like he was annoyed or Miyazaki-san would be the one to answer instead.

Kimiko could see that Aoi was slightly disappointed but she tried to hide it. They quickly made it to the main hall so Aoi wasnt disappointed for long. Some of the students werent back yet but the teachers had already given orders for everyone to be seated in their groups. Aoi waved goodbye and walked to her own group ad Kimiko and the two boys made their way to their own line. Saki-chan and two other girls in their group were already here so their group was more than half complete.

Kimiko sat down behind Saki-chan who was waving her hand frantically, inviting them into the line. Then she remembered that Tsurugi would have trouble sitting down so she turned around to offer him some help. For some strange reason, Miyazaki-kun was nowhere to be seen so that left only Kimiko to help him.

"You need help?" Kimiko asked.

"Yea that'd be good cause I cant really bend my knee"

Kimiko ran over to the other end of the hall were there were stacks of chairs piled up in columns. She grabbed a chair from the top of the stack with a little difficulty. The struggles of small people.

She carried the plastic chair with both hands all the way across the hall back to her line. She noticed that the nurse was already standing with Tsurugi so she suggested that Tsurugi should sit with her while the briefing took place. Tsurugi followed obediently and Kimiko help carry the chair over to one side of the room.

During the briefing, the teachers explained how the activities later on would work. There would be points given to the teams for every game they played and the points would accumulate over the camp. The top winning teams would get prizes at the end.

The afternoon activities started soon after the briefing ended. The teams were supposed to be on a scavenger hunt. Luckily something that wouldn't disadvantage Kimiko's team too much given Tsurugi's injury. There were clues and objects hidden around the resort that lead the teams to the next set of clues and so on. The first team to find the answer to the riddle would receive the highest amount of points.

Surprisingly, Tsurugi was very good at solving riddles but the entire team turned out to be directionally challenged and ended up getting lost somewhere in the resort multiple times. They finished 4th in the end after reading the map wrong for the 6th time since the games started.

Later on, the students were given free time to go back to their rooms, tour the resort with teacher's company or anything else the students wanted to do. Kimiko took this opportunity to enjoy the beach just a walking distance from the resort and asked Haruna-San to accompany them.

At last, it's my time to relax.