Chapter 26

Kimiko couldn't stop thinking about the things that happened yesterday. Both Tsurugi and Taiyou took up a part of her mind and her heart. She found herself worrying about both of them. She spent the whole bus ride to the stadium sorting out her thoughts.

At one point she even started to wonder if she was developing feelings for both of them at the same time. But for now, she decided to think about that matter later - there were more important things to worry about.

She wanted to help Tsurugi from Fifth Sector but at the same time, help his brother heal his legs. She understood his misery and how painful everything must be for him. He was a loving and caring brother who had to make himself look like the enemy to his friends in order to make a scene believable enough for Fifth Sector to trust him and give him the money.

Taiyou on the other hand, lived the same life as Kimiko and somehow, that bonded them. After their recent conversation, Kimiko realised that there must also be something going on between their families. But what exactly?

By the time the bus came to a stop, her thoughts were more jumbled up than before. The team made their way off the bus and to the changing rooms. Kimiko followed behind them with the managers.

"Kimiko, you don't look very good, is everything ok?" Aoi asked worriedly.

"It's nothing" Kimiko said to reassure Aoi even though she knew things were far from ok. For now, the main thing she was worried about was the match. If Tsurugi really did destroy the team, this would be the end of the competition for Raimon.

The managers waited outside the changing rooms as the team slowly made their way out one by one. Kimiko began to followed the team as they made their way to the pitch but someone grabbed her arm, preventing her from leaving.

"Tsurugi?"

"I need your help"

***

"There's the kick-off everyone!" shouted the commentator.

Tsurugi gets the ball, turns to face Raimon's goal and shoots. It rips through the goal, leaving the team, especially Sangoku-san stunned. Kimiko who was sitting at the bench had know it was going to happen but it made her furious nevertheless.

Even after Tsurugi had followed the score order and gave Mannouzaka the lead, they played very rough and injured several of Raimon's players. Tenma was hit several times but he continued playing.

Kimiko could see that Mannouzaka was getting annoyed with Tenma's super enthusiastic and positive attitude.

"Someone like you doesn't deserve to play soccer" the captain of Mannouzaka says as he goes to slide tackle Tenma.

That playing style. They are intending to hurt Tenma.

Seemed like Tsurugi noticed the same thing because he pushed Tenma away just in time to avoid the tackle.

"That was a dangerous play, Isozaki. You could have injured his foot"

"He deserves a permanent injury. He doesn't deserve to kick the ball ever again" the captain replied with a laugh.

This angered Tsurugi because it reminded him of his brother. Because of an injury, his brother could never play soccer again. So, Tsurugi took the ball and scored a goal with his hissatsu technique, Death Sword, tying out his own goal.