Chapter 42

Saturday morning at school was one of the most exciting days for Kimiko. She was totally ready to spend the next few days away from home. She also planned to talk to Haruna-san a little about Tsurugi because up until now, it was seriously bugging her.

One by one, the students made their way into the hall where they were supposed to gather for the briefing. Colourful luggages were piled in the corners of the hall way and students were dressed in pants and T-shirts.

The briefing started at around 8 and before long, they were on their way to Okinawa. It was going to be around a 3 hour drive from Inazuma town and they were going to stop at a gas station half way through the journey where students were allowed to stop and buy snacks or go to the bathroom.

Kimiko sat with Aoi on the bus and a the row beside them was Shinsuke and Tenma. In front of them was Saki-chan and her other friend. While behind them was Miyazaki-kun and Kariya-kun who seemed to get along with one another relatively well. Kimiko noticed that a few rows ahead of them, Tsurugi was sitting alone staring out the window, as usual.

When the bus rumbled to life, the teachers began to pass out snacks and drinks for the students to eat along the way. Regardless, most of the students had packed their own snacks from home. The bus started to get noisy as the students talked to one another. Some were on their phones playing games or watching videos, others playing cards with friends.

Kimiko and Aoi were talking quietly about the boys. Specifically Tsurugi. Kimiko was a little uncomfortable but she understood that Aoi was excited that she finally had someone to talk to. Suddenly, they were interrupted by an enthusiastic Saki-chan who invited them to a game of "Kiss, Kill, Marry". Very classical girls game.

Because Saki-chan had spoken quite loudly, Tenma and Shinsuke had overheard. In the end, they joined the game and pulled Miyazaki-kun into it to.

"I'll start" Saki-chan exclaimed.

"This is for Mayumi-chan. Ummm lets see. How about, Haruto-kun, Jun-kun and Ibuki-kun"

They were all boys from Kimiko's class and she knew them pretty well despite being their classmate only for a few months.

After a long moment of silence, Mayumi finally spoke up.

"I think I'll kill Jun-kun, kiss Ibuki-kun and marry Haruto-kun" she decided.

There was noise coming from the rest of the players and the teasing begun. Mayumi-chan decided to ask Kimiko next.

"To be honest, its hard to choose three guys for you because you get along so well with everyone its not exciting" everyone laughed at this.

"I guess I'll just choose the guys from the soccer club. Umm, Kurama-san, Shindou-san and..."

Kimiko was praying silently for Mayumi not to pick Tsurugi because Aoi-chan was here and she didn't want to lie but didn't want to hurt her friend at the same time.

"and, Tsurugi-kun"

Kimiko closed her eyes and cursed Mayumi-chan quietly in her mind. Of all the other boys she could have picked, it had to be Tsurugi...

"I'll start of by killing Karuma-san then" Kimiko paused for a while to think about her next answer but she knew if she paused for too long, Aoi-chan would suspect something, so she quickly continued.

"And I'll kiss... Tsurugi-kun and marry Shindou-san" She tried to say Tsurugi's name without stuttering because she didn't want to sound suspicious even though she would have definitely preferred Tsurugi over Shindou-san.

"Oooooo this is interesting!" Saki-chan commented.

"I really want to see how this turns out" Mayumi-chan added. Then everyone added in and talked about how the two of them looked good together and how it was the best match. Even Tenma and Shinsuke joined in.

"Shinsuke and I have noticed a few times that Captain often looks in the direction of the managers during soccer practices"

"We think he must be looking at Kimiko!" Shinsuke added proudly.

Kimiko didn't like where this was going. Even though it was averting the attention regarding the issues between her and Tsurugi, she didn't want people getting the wrong idea about her and Raimon's captain.