Chapter 33

Ever since Kimiko came back from visiting her father at the hospital the first time, she had been getting nightmares and the good memories of their little time together often made that worse. Furthermore, after learning about late Lawyer Hideyoshi and her father's back story, the nightmares got worse.

She was afraid too that those nightmares would one day come true and so she didn't dare confront Taiyou. His nightmare was the most prominent. It came in her sleep more than once in the last few nights and the pictures would never go away. They were permanently stuck, imprinted in the back of her mind.

As she reached for the door of Taiyou's room, her hand shook nervously. She was afraid that maybe she was starting to become paranoid.

When she finally gathered up the courage to open the door, she realised that Taiyou wasn't in his room at all. I worried for nothing then. So she decided to leave. She turned to close the door on the way out and as she turned around to leave, she nearly got a heart attack.

Standing a step away from her was Taiyou.

"Sorry did I scare you?" Taiyou asked after seeing the expression on Kimiko's face.

Kimiko didn't bother to answer. Instead, she stepped forward and held Taiyou tightly in her arms. She allowed her head to rest on his shoulder as tears started to flow out of her eyes. She felt that unlike anyone else, she could tell Taiyou just anything. He understood her life better than anyone else, because he had lived it too.

Taiyou was slightly surprised by Kimiko's sudden reaction. But he let her cry and he soothed her by patting the back of her head. Partially because he wanted to hold her like this for as long as possible. Her embrace made him feel warm inside.

Taiyou was worried about Kimiko anyhow. Seeing someone he cared about crying like this bothered him.

She needs my help, thats why she came to see me. Something must be wrong.

***

"I'm glad you're playing soccer again" Yuuichi-san said.

"I'm glad too. Its really all thanks to the team for letting me back on and for Kimiko who encouraged me to play"

"It seems you and this Kimiko girl are close. You seem to mention her name every time you visit"

Tsurugi blushed slightly at his brothers comment and tried to hide his smile.

"So you are close"

"I don't know. But every time I see her I get nervous. Every time she looks at me, my heart skips a beat and melts at her touch. Does that mean she's special or am I just going crazy, because I think I might have fallen for her"

"I think you must crazy" Yuuichi-san said with a laugh.

"Really?"

"Obviously not! You're clearly in love"

"Personally, I think Kimiko is a wonderful girl. She seems very caring and compelling. She's an interesting girl. But someone like her won't stay single for long. She's got a very attractive character. You shouldn't hesitate because the next thing you know, she might be someone else's" Yuuichi-san said laughing once again.

"I think I should go talk to her now" Tsurugi said quickly standing up.

"Wait, I don't recommend you to tell her your feelings immediately just because she might not feel the same, that will make everything awkward and you might just get friend zoned . Just convey your feelings to her and let her feel the love!" The last part he said with a little joke.

Tsurugi laughed and headed for the door.

"Thank you niisan" and he smiled to his brother who gladly smiled back.

***

It seemed Yuuichi-san was absolutely correct because the instant he left his brother's room to look for Kimiko, he saw her in another's arms. He quickly hid behind a wall, afraid to be seen by Kimiko and allowed the questions flood through his mind.

Who was that guy? Why is she hugging him? How long have they known each other? Why is he here? Why does Kimiko look like she is crying? What kind of relationship are they in? I hope they're not together...

Is this what they call jealousy.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Your opinions make a lot of difference to me :)