Chapter 24

The hospital was quite when they arrived. Tsurugi and Kimiko parted their ways to do their personal businesses.

Kimiko's doctor did the usual and told her that her condition was getting better by the day. Then, she sent Kimiko to go rest in her room. Kimiko had changed into her hospital clothes and made her way up to her room, her back pack in hand.

As she approached her room, she saw Tsurugi leaning against the wall his arms crossed in front of her room.

"Tsurugi"

"I keep my promises. Since you already know this much, theres no point in hiding it from you anymore because you'll find out about it wether I want it or not"

"Come in then" Kimiko said leading the way into her room. There was no telling if it was Tsurugi's trap but Kimiko trusted him nevertheless.

Tsurugi followed Kimiko inside and sat down on one of the couches beside the window while Kimiko sat down on the hard hospital bed.

"Well, its kind of a long story" Tsurugi said, "Where should I start"

"At the beginning of course" and they laughed.

"So, when my brother and I were younger, we used to play soccer together. We both loved it and our idol was Gouenji Shuuya, we wanted to be like him"

Wait, oniichan was Tsurugi's soccer idol? This world is just too round. Gouenji-san used to be my idol too actually. I mean a girl can dream can't she.

"One day when we were playing, the ball got stuck in a tree. It was my fault to be honest, so I climbed the tree to get it, ignoring my brother's warnings"

"But then I slipped and fell from the tree and my brother saved my from the fall. From that day, his legs were paralysed and he couldn't walk anymore. That also meant he couldn't play soccer"

"The doctor said that in order to heal his legs, he would have to go through several operations but that would cost a huge sum of money. My parents would have to work very hard to obtain that amount"

"So recently, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Fifth Sector offered that if I joined them, they would pay for all my brother's surgeries, so I agreed. I would do anything to give soccer back to my brother"

"After joining, I was trained to become a seed and was sent to destroy Raimon's soccer club. If I succeeded, they would pay the money. If I failed, the deal would be off. The other day, they ordered me to play in the next match and prove to them my intentions"

"I don't have much of a choice if I want to help my brother and right now, this is my only way out"

"There has to be another way. It must be painful to have to destroy something you love"

"But for now, this is the only solution I have"

Kimiko could tell he was frustrated. She wished there was something she could do to fix this since she has already made her mind that she would help Tsurugi from this nightmare. They were in silence for a moment until Tsurugi spoke up.

"It's you turn now"

"What?"

"I've told you my story. It's only fair if you tell me yours"

So Kimiko told him her story, leaving out the parts about Yuuka and the whole sister issue. She told him about how she was admitted in the hospital for the past almost 12 years and how Ichinose found her and adopted her and now she lives with Aki.

"What about your father?"

"My father?"

"You told me he has Alzheimers disease. What happened?"

"To be honest, I don't really know either but when I managed to find my father with Ichinose-san's help, he couldn't remember me anymore"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up"

"Its ok" but in reality, she wasn't. She didn't dare to visit her father after that day. The thought of rejection was just so painful she wished she never came back sometimes. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. Tsurugi seemed to notice her disappointment and remained quiet.

They sat in silence, until they heard a knock on the door. It was Fuyuka-san with Kimiko's dinner.

"Then I'll be going now. See you tomorrow" and he left.

The way he said the last part sent chills down Kimiko's spine. Tomorrow. She knew he had to destroy the soccer club, but what exactly was he up to?

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter :)

Tsurugi and Kimiko have opened up to one another. But what does Tsurugi plan to do in tomorrow's match???