Chapter 14; Check up

*3 weeks after the wedding

*24 weeks pregnant (6months)

*at home

It was morning a couple weeks before christmas! Today we have a check up with the doctor. I have to get an ultra sound, and make sure everything is alright. I am really big, and still getting sick almost every morning. I am also having terrible back pains. Uhh sometimes being pregnant sucks, but it will all pay off when We have this beautiful baby girl!

We are already up and ready, now we are just sitting eating some breakfast.

"Are you ready for the check up today?" Toby asks

"Yes, I am excited to see our baby girl again, and I need to talk to the doctor about my morning sickness, and back problems" I reply

"Yes I am too! Well are you almost done eating?"

"Yes" As i go and put my plate and silver ware away

"Ready?" I ask

"Yes let's go!"

We walk out and Toby helps me into the truck we still haven't got another car, but Its okay I am not that worried about it.

We get to the doctors and check in, and are now waiting. A few minutes later..

"Spencer Cavanaugh" The doctor calls my name and me and Toby get up, and go back.

"Hello Spencer!"

"Hello"

"So i see your last name is Cavanaugh instead of Hastings now!"

"Yes it is! We got married about 3 weeks ago" And me and Toby smile

"Awe how nice! Congrats!"

"Thank you!"

"So if you want to lay down, and pull up your shirt we will start the ultra sound!"

I pull up my shirt and she puts the jelly on my stomach and we start

"Okay.... um hold on a second let me get the doctor to look at this" she says and runs out of the room

I look at Toby with a super scared look on my face.

Then he leans over and hugs me

"Honey, it is probably nothing too serious, don't worry"

"I hope not" I reply

"Hello, How are you guys today?" The doctor walks in and says

"Okay. Thanks, and you?" I reply

"Good thanks"

"Okay so I am going go check on your baby!"

"Well, The nurse was right, congratulations guys! You are having twins!"

Me and Toby both look at each other super surprise

"What!" I say

"Yes twins, they are both girls, and they are both perfectly healthy! The other twin was hiding behind the other, this explains why you are growing so fast!"

"Omg I am so surprised... But I am happy too" Toby nods in agreement.

"Well congrats guys!" The nurse says

"Thanks" I say as I was saying twins over and over again in my head also thinking that Toby is probably doing the same.  

"Okay, so how have you been feeling? any questions?"

"Um yes actually, I have been having terrible morning sickness from like the beginning, and I didn't know if there was anything I could do, because I really didn't think I would still have it this badly."

"Yes, You should have it a couple times a month. Or do you have it more?"

"Yes more, like I don't have it maybe once a week"

"Oh okay I am sorry. You can eat something like crackers, or toast then slowly get out of bed and it should calm your stomach down a lot!"

"Okay thank you so much! Also I have been having terrible back pains like all the time. Anything I might be able to do for that?"

"Yes, when you sit, wether it is the car, dinner at home, bed, couch. Use a pillow or two behind your back for support, You can also put a heating or cooling pack on your back, or back massages with lotion if Toby is willing to do that!"

"Oh yes, I can do that" Toby comments

I smile and say "Okay thank you so much doctor!"

"Your welcome, I will see you in a couple weeks, sound good?"

"Yes, I will see you then"

And then we leave

"Wow Toby, we have having twins"

"Yeah I know, I am so surprised! But I am really happy!"

"Me too, but what about money, it is double everything! Can we afford 2 children?!?" I start to cry a little

"Spencer honey, don't worry I have this all figured out, I have a good job, and. a lot of back up money I got when my mom passed away, we will be fine." as he hugs me

"Okay Toby I hope we are."

He looks at me and as he wipes away my tears with his finger he says

"We are."

Then we get in the car, and head home.

on the way home I call my mom

"Hello"

"Hi mom!"

"Well hi Spencer! It is nice to hear from you!"

"Same, I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over, or something for dinner tomorrow night?  We have some important news to tell you guys!"

"Wow first a wedding, then a baby, now what!" She says laughing

"We can do something honey, Actually Melissa and her boyfriend were going go come have dinner with us tomorrow, want to join? Or is the news only to be shared with us, and not your sister?"

"No no, that works for tomorrow!"

"Okay sounds good! I will see you about 5"

"Okay I love you mom!"

"I love you too sweetie!"

Authors note;

Its twins!!!!! I know it was short I am really sorry! but give names for the baby girls  1st and middle comment them! and please vote thank you so much for reading it means a lot!