Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Anjum and I'll be the author of this story!

For a little background info on me, I'm a 16 year old English-speaking student, which means you can expect some high quality writing and editing, but that also comes with a slight drawback: Timing. How long will you have to wait?

Well, concerning my actual writing upload, it should take about a week for me to write one chapter, although it may be 2 weeks or 3 at most depending on if I reach a busy point with homework/coursework or if I'm polishing up some other chapters. It sounds bad because I'm highlighting it in my intro, but I assure you it really isn't lol. One thing I'd never do or hope to do is just stop writing, even for breaks, like some other writers tend to do (nothing wrong with that at all, though) which leads me on to one of the reasons why I'm writing this.

As a reader, albeit not a very hardcore reader, it still annoys me to see unfinished stories or bad writing when it comes to anything really, but in this instance between Chara and the reader. Although, there will be less anticipation for me, it's still a fun idea to be writing this and I hope that like most excited writers, I do not end up faltering in the future so that readers do not feel disheartened or even, empty? As I know some may do.

Some info about the story

I have played Undertale, not to the fullest extent, but I do know quite a fair bit of Pacifist, Genocide etc. I personally view Chara as female - and I think my views are set up in a way where it allows me to put a lot of emotion and experience from real-life into this story to really make it vibrant.

As for the story structure, I'm incredibly unprofessional and unlike some writers I haven't planned out the next 20 years of the reader and Chara's lives in full detail. However, since I don't want this to be a short or simple story and more like a real novel; the chapters will become story arcs as I'd like to call them, however it is not as if the actions in story arc 1 will dramatically effect actions in story arc 2 and these 'story arcs' are basically just stuff that happens throughout your lives as you, the reader, and Chara develop over time. As such don't expect them to fall in love in the first 20 lines and have kids by the next. The chapters will progress as you would in real life; with the obvious changes for reading purposes.

Writing Demo

For those who care, you may want to have a certain atmosphere when reading something - especially something that's a bit longer compared to other pieces of writing - so this is a bit of a 'demo' for you to adjust any settings.
____________________________________

"Charaaa!" I yelled. "Papyrus is waiting in the car for us - we have to go! Now!"

"Don't rush me when I'm doing my eyes , (Y/n), or I'll give you black eyes yourself. And I'm not talking about make-up!"

I sighed as I waved over to the bored figure that sat in the driver's seat, asking for 5 minutes more.

"Can you please lay off the black for just one day?" I asked. "It's a wedding we're going to, not a funeral."

I left the main gate slightly open behind me as I heard faint sighs and curses, "You don't understand (Y/n)!", walking over and opening the car door. Papyrus raising his skeletal eyebrows in understanding.
____________________________________

Final words

The actual story won't have pauses in between or little cut-ins, anything regarding me or the story will be addressed in the Author's Notes or major things perhaps in the Story Arc parts, although due to me being picky, I 'clean up' previous chapters (A/n)'s as I feel like new readers would have no clue what was going on lol. That means there are no warnings like you may see elsewhere before 'stuff' happens 😉

If you do enjoy the story, then please vote along as you read the chapters! For someone who can't read their own story without being as excited due to knowing what's coming next, though there are a few twists, it actually makes me incredibly happy when someone does vote or tell me that I didn't do such a bad job.

As for now, I hope you're as excited as I am for this!

Your author, Anjum.

____________________________________

1st August 2017