Love (32)

Frisk

KNOCK KNOCK

I took out an earphone and squinted at the door. I did get really comfortable just a second ago, but some things in life just can't be helped.

I got up and sighed.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"W-Wait." That was an uneasy knocking. I took my earphones off completely and threw them to the bed. Did something happen perhaps?

I unlocked and opened the door, slowly.

"CHILD! I've been knocking for the past 10 minutes!"

"O-Oh!" I laughed nervously. "Sorry mom. I had earphones in."

"Again?" She brought me some pie as a snack, which I took and laid next to my dresser. "How would you know if someone needed help if you had your earphones up all the way? Hm?"

"I guess I wouldn't." I replied with an eye roll. "I'm surprised you didn't just enter the room after, like a minute."

"You keep locking your door..." She had a really, really annoyed look on her face.

"Oh right... I only got that lock recently so I forgot haha... I won't do it again."

The look wore off as she shook her head, then she brought out her reading glasses.

"Here." She handed me a few pages of manifestos and some other documents. "Read these."

"More!?" I groaned. "Mom I don't know if I sound like Chara, but I'm a normal girl who has a life outside of politics and law you know."

"I know there's been an increase in these sweetie but it's only for as long as the the negotiations take to start. Why don't you call your sister to help you if that's the case. You said that she was willing to learn more about this."

I huffed as I flipped through the pages. "She's probably living it up with her boyfriend."

Mom tutted. "They're a good couple. (Y/n) is good for her."

"Yeahhh." I sarcastically looked up to the sky. "Oh, is it a bird? It it a plane?! No, it's Chara with her head in the clouds!"

I could tell that she wanted to laugh, but she masked it off as a cough. "Child, you should pay more respect to her. She's been through a lot."

I mumbled under my breath. "Haven't we all."

Toriel left the door open as she exited, so of course I had to get up and close it. I suppose I won't lock it this time, though.

I took a bite out of my pie and revelled in its flavour. Even more so, I loved the smell of it - it gave my room a real cosy vibe. I bellyflopped onto the bed and reached for my earphones, pouting at the boring papers by my side all the while. Why must life be so tough...

Knock Knock Knock

A quieter sound emanated from the door, and I bashed my head against the pillow.