School Photo (23)

Chara's POV

"Class photo?" I confirmed if I heard right.

Angel nodded her head enthusiastically. "We should go and do some sort of killer pose! Like, like a peace sign!"

She dramatically stuck her hand in the air, making me apologise to the people around us on our morning commute. "You're just a little rebel, aren't you?"

She huffed.

"So what's the special occasion?" I asked, "It's not the end of term, and we haven't had any special achievements recently. Or at all."

Angel shrugged. "The photography club raised the idea."

I tutted. "And whose idea was it specifically?"

"I'm not sure, my mother just got an email telling us to look our best today. I know Frisk is the head of the ph-"

"FRISK is the head of the woooorld apparently." I marched down the street with my hands in my skirt pockets.

"Um." Angel squeaked apprehensively, "This might seem a bit out of the blue, but do you have a problem with Frisk?"

I squinted at her. "How did you guess?"

Your POV

I was hanging out on the table with some other classmates before first period, as I watched Angel model next to Chara, who was playing on her phone.

"I swear this is just a normal photo."

"Yeah." Replied Will.

"Don't go posing like that weirdo." Teased  Manuel.

"Hey, don't speak about her like that." I scowled. The sternness in my voice was enough to grab most of the class' attention, including Angel's, although none of them knew who we were talking about. Chara batted an eye, assuming that it was about either her or the other, but she quickly focused back on her phone.

The guys didn't even bother replying, which wasn't necessarily a good thing. My name is now branded to my girlfriend, and it's really put a dent in my normal school life. I didn't really have anyone to talk to anymore. Chasing after her for so long has probably alienated everyone else from me, but that's okay. I turned my head to the front of the class and kept to myself. I don't really need anyone else.

"Hey." Said a soft voice, who tapped on my shoulder. "Come sit with Angel and I."

I scoffed and stared out the doorway. "Why?"

"Well, I don't know, just... because?" Chara wasn't really expecting to drag out a debate. "Do you not want to sit next to us?"

"Does it matter? Class is starting in 5 minutes, it's not like we're gonna be holding hands throughout the lesson."

"Okay. Well..."

I watched her look at me from the corner of my eye, but I made sure not to pay any visible attention. She was looking at me worriedly and I clenched my teeth. Everyone else in class was probably looking at the two of us now. Again. "I need to fill up my water bottle." I stated, making the chair screech across the floor as I got up.

"I'll come."

"Why!? Just stay here!" I whispered aggressively.

"But, mine is empty as well."

I snatched the bottle out of Chara's hand and walked off a little embarrassed. She didn't follow me out.

Perfect, I thought, as I impatiently waited for the bottle to fill. I go on and on about how Chara's the only person I care for and I don't want to even be seen with her now. I screwed the lid on tight and shook the water off, wetting the floor, earning a dirty look from the janitor exiting the storeroom. I blinked twice and quickly scurried back to class with an awkward smile.