Hobbies (34)

A new day of school, and the same cycle repeats. I try and fail to pass time by myself, and end up just following the footsteps of Frisk, or even Angel - and most days, I draw the short straw and just end up sitting somewhere by myself. It gets tiring refreshing all my social media apps every five minutes; it's not that fun when no one's obviously posted anything new.

It was the fifth day in a row where Frisk hadn't come to my little spot in a corner of the school, and I was yearning for any kind of company. I wanted to hang out with some of the other monsters, but I either couldn't find them or they were hanging out with people in their own year. I was actually enjoying school before. It sucks again.

I was driven to the point where I began to be productive and actually study. I was doing decently, too. Not that I was bad before by any means, but I ended up getting the top mark on some quizzes in a few subjects. Yes, yes! This must be the beginning! The beginning of absolute deprivation of social interaction in regards to appropriately modern, societal  behaviour akin with teenagers. Then I could apply to Harvard or Cambridge and slave my soul away to a life of labour... Yes... Yeah. Fuck I'm bored.

I couldn't keep my pencil still on my homework as constant noise littered from above the ceiling. The orchestra seemed to amp up their classes and rehearsals, and the noise always radiated throughout the entire building - not that it was too bad. Maybe it was because they did well at the play recently. No doubt why Chara and I didn't end up joining that one...

I rose from my little desk and walked along the wall to bunch of posters next to a printer. I did remember that there were some advertisements for the orchestra recently, too, and sure enough I found a little flyer detailing what goes on every lunch and after school as well as some other stuff. The bottom of it caught my eye.

"Lessons available for listed instruments..." I read aloud, as I looked at the names of said instruments below.

"Um, excuse me? Were those the papers that just printed?"

I turned my head to meet a girl with really green eyes, which I registered before even noticing the rest of her. She was pretty cute, actually.

"U-um, I think, sorry!" I stuttered, handing the flyers over. "I was just interested in it, that's why I was reading it."

"Oh, that's fine!" She said whilst taking and shuffling them up. "My job is to attract people to the orchestra, so I suppose I'm already doing well, right?"

I smiled with her. She was a little less than average height, and she didn't wear her hair in any sort of eccentric style. Her eyes were awesome, but they kinda looked super tired without her probably being tired. I found that cute though. Why? I think I have a thing for girls with little problems. I couldn't help but glance down for a second, too. For a smaller girl she had a nice pair on her haha. Wow, I'm typical. I didn't really care though and got back to my train of thought.

"You've definitely been gaining some traction recently, that's for sure." I said.

She nodded happily. "Yeah, I mean, you can hear them playing right now, hm. And I think the teachers wanted to really expand on music in the upcoming year, so that's why they've even got music tutors coming in. Are you interested?"

"Um, well I don't know. It'd be cool to pick up an instrument I suppose."

"Well it doesn't hurt to try. There's actually more people joining than I thought there'd be, I think it's because the cost for the lessons are subsidised."

"Oh?" I perked up. "It is?"

"Huh, mm, yeah." She looked down at the flyer. "It should say so."

"Oh," I shuffled my hands, "I probably didn't read up to that part haha."