Hair (22)

I only realised how long Chara's hair had gotten as I struggled to untangle it from my fingers without disturbing her. I just woke up, and she was peacefully snoozing into my side - a rare sight compared to her usual looks of boredom, annoyance or confusion.

So, once my hands were free, I dug them back into her scalp and softly massaged it. She never explicitly said that she liked it, but she never once kissed her teeth or tried to brush me away, so it most likely meant that she loved it. It's a nice thought for her to wake up to something like that, although it's not like she equally returns the nice favours for me. Even the things that I'd count as 'nice' end up feeling like it's all for her, notably every time she's jumped on me.

Knock Knock

Uhhhh. Why always at a time like this? I cupped my hand over Chara's ear and loudly whispered "What!?" to the door, but my mother didn't seem to care as she barged in with one serving of breakfast on a tray. I averted my gaze, and in the corner of my eye, I watched her quickly set it down onto the floor before backing out.

"Honey, our little boy's finally done it, oh God, we're going to be grandparents, oh dear."

I sighed. How should I explain that we just sleep together on a relatively friendly basis?

"Nnngh."

Chara opened her eyes halfway and moved my hand further down the back of her head, indicating that she wanted me to carry on caressing her. I smiled and stopped before quickly scuffling out of the bed to get her the tray of breakfast. She winced into the pillow, holding out a hand till I came back and laid the tray of food onto where her legs were. She glanced over and I continued to cater to her before she nabbed a slice of toast.

"Can you not get crumbs on my bed." I grimaced, watching as she took an uncivilised crunch out of it.

"I'm not." She replied.

My hand now aching a little, I retracted it to rest. She pouted in response, but I simply ignored it until she turned her back and continued eating like nothing ever happened. Her overfilled mouth was still chewing on the toast, holding it in one hand and fiddling with her hair in the other. I thought that she was staring into space until I realised that she was examining herself in the mirror.

"Your hair really grew out of nowhere." I commented, half-tired.

"Do you like it?" She asked, tilting her head in all kinds of angles like a model.

"I guess I like longer hair on you than shorter."

Now that I thought about it, her hair didn't really grow much back then, but it must've grown 3 or 4 inches in just the last month or so, which was honestly quite a bit.

She finished up her toast and brushed the crumbs off her hand over the tray before using both free hands to shake her hair out and style it.

"You got a hairband anywhere?" She looked around the room.

I shook my head and told her to ask mom, as well as to get me some toast, so she exited in her/my oversized hoodie to run her little errand.

I ate the crusts that she left over on the plate because she was so picky about them, then I downed her orange juice; I'm sure she wouldn't mind. It was technically mine. I buried my head in the pillow after that. I stayed up too long last night. I wonder if she's gonna talk about it at all.

Frisk

"So you two finally realised your differences! That's wonderful!"

I jogged down the steps wondering why I could hear Toriel speak with such enthusiasm, until over on the kitchen table I saw Alphys and Undyne holding hands. I smiled proudly. So they got back together? I thought I heard those two coming in late last night but I assumed the noise was just another fight.